The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

3 Old Bitty`s

FriedTater

• Total Posts: 414
3 Old Bitty`s Mon, 04/30/12 5:16 PM (permalink)
True War Story: Just got home from an event in Texas. Serving Chicken on a stick. 3 old gray haired widowed ladies appoached my booth and ask what I had to offer. Showed them my chicken on a stick. How Much? Five Bucks I replied. The one who was probably the leader of the pack remarked that she could get a full meal for a lot less than that. Wanted to butt slap her! I wanted to tell her she might try a frito pie or order of nachos from the food vendor on my left, or a greasy hamburger or chili dog from the vendors on my right. Instead of complaining about the cost of the food, why not enjoy the festival as it is and experience the situation. Why not sit on the ground with a cup of ice cream, or a sno-kone, or God forbid a chicken on a stick and listen to the children play and reminish about old times. Nada........they`ll probably go to DQ, sit in the same old table that they sat in last week, like they did last week and the week before and so on,  and get some IQF chicken stripes with gravy made in Memphis, frozen fries from Idaho, a bisquit that was baked and frozen from Wyoming. And yes, will be happy they paid $3.99 for that privilage and what, they saved a buck!  What a tally wally weekend they had! All 3 probably went home and got in their 49 year old rockers and knitted the night away.
We`ve all experienced these types I know.
OK, I feel good now!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com