Pittsburgh Eating Weekend, June 16-17

Author
Ralph Melton
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 892
2012/05/01 19:52:56 (permalink)

Pittsburgh Eating Weekend, June 16-17

I've now been on three of the Roadfood tours. I've enjoyed them, but it's made me want to try to organize one myself, to see first-hand what's involved with organizing such a tour.

I had plans of starting with a food tour in Pittsburgh, the city whose food scene I know best. I planned a timetable. I recruited buffetbuster as a guide in the Strip. I started negotiating with bus companies about prices. I started to make arrangements with local restauranteurs.

But two things have thwarted my plans:
- My work has been keeping me very busy. I've been working a lot of late nights through March and April, and I think it's only reasonable to expect that work will continue to eat my time.
- I had planned to arrange this through Kickstarter, because I liked the aspect that no one is charged for a Kickstarter project unless there are sufficient pledges. But it took longer than I expected to get this polished and submitted to Kickstarter. And then, Kickstarter said "this isn't the right fit for Kickstarter." I'll ask why it wasn't the right fit, but even if I were to convince them to change their minds, I think it would clobber the schedule I had in mind.

So I am declaring myself unable to do anything as fine as I had hoped for 2012. However, if you'd like to join us in Pittsburgh on June 16 and 17, we will do our best to make it a splendid venture.

31 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1