The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Greaseless Fryers

BR

• Total Posts: 233
Greaseless Fryers Sun, 05/6/12 5:14 PM (permalink)
I saw a few old posts from a few years past about greaseless fryers.Very little imformation actually. Has anyone had any recent experience with them? Do they work as claimed? If so why is so little information available. I ask because I have an opportunity to pick one up at an auction so I thought I'd see what people have to say about them. Trying to decide whether to give it a shot or pass on it.

DWags541

• Total Posts: 174
    Re:Greaseless Fryers Mon, 05/7/12 12:03 AM (permalink)
    Quick n Crispy is one I've seen but not used. They look pretty pricey. Since I haven't seen them in action, I can only make presumptions of their cost effectiveness. Seems like you could invest $ much better.

BR

• Total Posts: 233
      Re:Greaseless Fryers Mon, 05/7/12 10:17 AM (permalink)
      I've been doing some research and have decided they DO work. They are pricey if purchased new.... and not exactly cheap if used. They seem to be best suited for a low volume eatery that doesn't need a full time/service deep fryer. That is where they shine... quick and easy to get a couple orders of fries. That said, they do make large commercial units but they are VERY pricey. I was thinking about the smaller ones.

DWags541

• Total Posts: 174
        Re:Greaseless Fryers Wed, 05/9/12 1:19 AM (permalink)
        Yea, I actually learned a bit more today about the QnC that I mentioned above by a guy who owns one. He called it a convection oven. So there is a possibility that we are talking about different things, but the QnC does have the words Greaseless Fryer on it. He explained that it essentially works like a convection oven. High heat concentrated on the food. So, perhaps like a broiler but more heat surrounds the food via convection action. So it cooks it and crisps it much like a fryer would. I didn't see the energy specs on it but I would think it consumes a lot to work. I noticed he had it on during down time.  Not sure if it was some kind of standby mode, or on low, or what.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
          • No New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
          • Locked w/ New Messages
          • Locked w/o New Messages
          • Read Message
          • Post New Thread
          • Reply to message
          • Post New Poll
          • Submit Vote
          • Post reward post
          • Delete my own posts
          • Delete my own threads
          • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
          What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com