The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Been Rebuilding a 1986 AA cater truck.. Hopefully I'm done

chasendad

• Total Posts: 95
Been Rebuilding a 1986 AA cater truck.. Hopefully I'm done Mon, 05/7/12 1:44 PM (permalink)
I bought this truck in December and told my wife she could use it in 2 weeks..
The interior has been repaired and refrigeration updated to 48" 110v prep station..

chasendad

Re:Been Rebuilding a 1986 AA cater truck.. Hopefully I'm done Mon, 05/7/12 2:05 PM (permalink)
    I'm unable to post the link to the pictures as of right now.. Hope I can get some points...

Vic Cardenas

• Total Posts: 177
      Re:Been Rebuilding a 1986 AA cater truck.. Hopefully I'm done Mon, 05/7/12 2:12 PM (permalink)
      Host them on photobucket and add the [img] code

chasendad

Re:Been Rebuilding a 1986 AA cater truck.. Hopefully I'm done Mon, 05/7/12 3:25 PM (permalink)
        I have them on photobucket but haven't posted enough to e able to post the link yet

LuckyDuckyDogs

• Total Posts: 1
          Re:Been Rebuilding a 1986 AA cater truck.. Hopefully I'm done Mon, 05/7/12 10:14 PM (permalink)
          Tis a small world afterall.  I bought a 1986 AA truck 2 weeks ago from a couple in Ft Worth and am rebuilding it to use in Dallas.

Do you by chance have a schematic of what 'should' be on the truck? and where everything should be ? Or wiring diagrams?  The people before me did a lot of fixes themselves, and it's a mess.  My spanish isn't very good, so I didn't quite catch what they were saying when they gave me the tour.  Luckily I own a lube shop and car wash, so I have auto mechanics on staff. So far we have learned that the engine was actually out of 1978 truck. 

Are you ever in Dallas, would love to have you walk through and point things out.  I have a friend with a new gourmet truck, but aren't any help because theirs is all new equipment.

Marshall

marshall@luckyduckydogs.com

chasendad

Re:Been Rebuilding a 1986 AA cater truck.. Hopefully I'm done Tue, 05/8/12 8:36 AM (permalink)
            Marshall, I sent you the link to the photos I've taken... My phone number is on the email so give me a call and I will try to help...

chasendad

Re:Been Rebuilding a 1986 AA cater truck.. Hopefully I'm done Tue, 05/8/12 8:38 AM (permalink)
              heres alink
              h t  tp : / / s 4 3 3  . photobucket . c o m  /albums/ qq56 / Chasendad1 /

Vic Cardenas

Re:Been Rebuilding a 1986 AA cater truck.. Hopefully I'm done Tue, 05/8/12 12:32 PM (permalink)
                Use the [IMG] tags, not a link. It worked for me when I had <10 posts.

chasendad

Re:Been Rebuilding a 1986 AA cater truck.. Hopefully I'm done Tue, 05/8/12 1:10 PM (permalink)
                  [img]http://s433.photobucket.com/albums/qq56/Chasendad1/[/img]

chasendad

Re:Been Rebuilding a 1986 AA cater truck.. Hopefully I'm done Tue, 05/8/12 1:11 PM (permalink)
                    Guess I'm not smart enough to make it work..

Vic Cardenas

Re:Been Rebuilding a 1986 AA cater truck.. Hopefully I'm done Tue, 05/8/12 1:33 PM (permalink)
                      No, it looks like you posted the right code. Maybe I just have magic forum powers?

Vic Cardenas

Re:Been Rebuilding a 1986 AA cater truck.. Hopefully I'm done Tue, 05/8/12 1:37 PM (permalink)

Dr of BBQ

• Total Posts: 3716
                          • Roadfood Insider
                          Re:Been Rebuilding a 1986 AA cater truck.. Hopefully I'm done Tue, 05/8/12 3:45 PM (permalink)
                          I can't tell which truck belongs to who  in this thread anymore????

chasendad

Re:Been Rebuilding a 1986 AA cater truck.. Hopefully I'm done Tue, 05/8/12 4:15 PM (permalink)
                            The blue truck is the revised white truck.. Before and after...

Dr of BBQ

• Roadfood Insider
                              Re:Been Rebuilding a 1986 AA cater truck.. Hopefully I'm done Tue, 05/8/12 5:02 PM (permalink)
                              Ok I understand, but your supposed to put ...never mind lol what do you do for a living? That is before you bought all those trucks... looks like a UPS truck in the background...big motor home... not sure what else.

chasendad

Re:Been Rebuilding a 1986 AA cater truck.. Hopefully I'm done Tue, 05/8/12 6:08 PM (permalink)
                                I've own a Graphic and Sign Business for the par 12 yrs and my wife is was an accountant at a law firm till Sept 2011 when she got layed off..
                                She's tried to find a job since then and having a food truck has been something she wanted to do, So we bought a 16' food trailer and worked it till 3 weeks ago and i sold it as i was nearing completion of the truck which we bought after we found out Dallas didn't allow trailers, or at least till I bought a truck then they changed the rules..
                                and the motorhome I used to drag race every weekend during the summer but with the food truck that has slowed down...
                                The UPS truck is a new project we will start this week and plan to have done in 2-3 weeks(lol)
                                its a simple build...But I've got some partners on it and they want it done quickly so they are helping and were hiring some things out..

PurpleCheetah

• Total Posts: 151
                                  Re:Been Rebuilding a 1986 AA cater truck.. Hopefully I'm done Tue, 05/8/12 7:39 PM (permalink)
                                  did you have the truck painted blue? If so what did that paint job cost you? ( unless it was a friend in the business kind of thing)

Dr of BBQ

• Roadfood Insider
                                    Re:Been Rebuilding a 1986 AA cater truck.. Hopefully I'm done Tue, 05/8/12 10:16 PM (permalink)
                                    chasendad
                                    I've own a Graphic and Sign Business for the par 12 yrs and my wife is was an accountant at a law firm till Sept 2011 when she got layed off.. She's tried to find a job since then and having a food truck has been something she wanted to do, So we bought a 16' food trailer and worked it till 3 weeks ago and i sold it as i was nearing completion of the truck which we bought after we found out Dallas didn't allow trailers, or at least till I bought a truck then they changed the rules.. and the motorhome I used to drag race every weekend during the summer but with the food truck that has slowed down... The UPS truck is a new project we will start this week and plan to have done in 2-3 weeks(lol) its a simple build...But I've got some partners on it and they want it done quickly so they are helping and were hiring some things out..

Well following the dream is a lot of hard work BUT at least your your own boss. And the rule change BS sucks. Ive been through that and it almost always went a direction I didn't care for and made no sense.

I'd guess with your background on the strip you are used to the thrashing that goes on between races and most likely have talent with all things mechanical. That is a big plus when it comes to a problem with the truck an hour before or right in the lunch rush. What do you have on your menu?
                                    good luck on both your projects
                                    jack

chasendad

Re:Been Rebuilding a 1986 AA cater truck.. Hopefully I'm done Tue, 05/8/12 10:24 PM (permalink)
                                      The paint job was done by one of my customers, I dropped it off at 8:00 am on a thursday and was ready to be picked up on friday at 8;00
                                      they were slow and put 10 guys sanding and tapeing it off...

dr BBQ-- On our trailer we sold Philly Cheese steaks and some comfort food..When in the food park on a good day we would sell between 120-150 of them..

PurpleCheetah

• Total Posts: 151
                                        Re:Been Rebuilding a 1986 AA cater truck.. Hopefully I'm done Wed, 05/9/12 3:02 PM (permalink)
                                        "When in the food park on a good day we would sell between 120-150 of them"

GOOD LORD are you going to continue with the cheese steaks?

chasendad

Re:Been Rebuilding a 1986 AA cater truck.. Hopefully I'm done Wed, 05/9/12 6:02 PM (permalink)
                                          We haven't decided yet...

Bistro a go-go

• Total Posts: 171
                                            Re:Been Rebuilding a 1986 AA cater truck.. Hopefully I'm done Fri, 05/11/12 7:52 PM (permalink)
                                            where do you buy UPS trucks? and how much? locally they crush them, liability issues.

chasendad

Re:Been Rebuilding a 1986 AA cater truck.. Hopefully I'm done Fri, 05/11/12 11:40 PM (permalink)
                                              I bought it for a dog food company, IT say's PAWS Delivery on it...

Dr of BBQ

• Roadfood Insider
                                                Re:Been Rebuilding a 1986 AA cater truck.. Hopefully I'm done Sat, 05/12/12 8:26 AM (permalink)
                                                Bistro a go-go

where do you buy UPS trucks? and how much? locally they crush them, liability issues.

Bistro,
                                                This is not directed at you but at anyone that would think like this.
                                                That's nuts. Liability issues, my ass. If there were liability issues no
                                                one would sell a used car or truck. Or maybe that's where we are
                                                headed. If so god save us.

Bistro a go-go

• Total Posts: 171
                                                  Re:Been Rebuilding a 1986 AA cater truck.. Hopefully I'm done Mon, 05/21/12 12:20 PM (permalink)
                                                  Dr. I agree totally but tell that to people who crush them. its the same way for uhaul trailers. they cut the axels with a torch and the metal recycler has an agreement NOT to resell em. believe me, i tried!! ive had great luck buying stuff from these recyclers locally and the UPS route manager told me they pull off some electronics and what ever they can reuse and then theyre loaded on a flatbed bound for a slow boat to china.

chasendad

Re:Been Rebuilding a 1986 AA cater truck.. Hopefully I'm done Sat, 06/30/12 8:27 AM (permalink)
                                                    Well we had to make a few adjustments to get it ready for Dallas Inspection which we hope to schedule in July, But passed Fort worth with ease..
                                                    Took it out to the Food Park Thursday and had a decent day but gave us time to move things around and get acklamated (sp)..
                                                    Today will be the tell all have to drive to Dallas(45 miles ) for a concert tonight ,expecting 8000 people and were working with 5 other trucks...
                                                    The venue has food vendors also but hopefully we can get our share..
                                                    Were prepped for 250-300....

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                      • No New Messages
                                                      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                      • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                      • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                      • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                      • Read Message
                                                      • Post New Thread
                                                      • Reply to message
                                                      • Post New Poll
                                                      • Submit Vote
                                                      • Post reward post
                                                      • Delete my own posts
                                                      • Delete my own threads
                                                      • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                      What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com