Hoffman’s BBQ - Gettysburg, PA

Author
Treetop Tom
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 334
2012/05/09 11:57:28 (permalink)

Hoffman’s BBQ - Gettysburg, PA

Wife and I were coming back towards Gettysburg after a drive up to the Appalachian Trail museum at Pine Grove Furnace State Park (small, but impressive array of stuff) when we spotted this BBQ joint at the side of PA 34.  Actually we spotted their two pink pig statues and picnic tables at the side of the road – the restaurant itself is easy to miss coming from the north.  We had planned on stopping elsewhere for some BBQ, but had stayed longer at the museum than anticipated so we decided to try Hoffman’s.  And we’re glad we did.  Bright, cheerful and spotlessly-clean Mom & Pop (both of whom were working the counter that day) roadfood joint in a re-purposed auto repair building.  We placed our order (pulled pork sandwich [$5.50] & smoked baked potato [$1.59] for her, ½ smoked grilled chicken with cornbread and baked beans [$8.99]) and went out to one of the picnic tables.  Food came out quick and hot.  Wife proclaimed the pulled pork to be “good” (meaning that if we were eating it in NC it would be delicious – but what can I say?  I knew she was a North Carolina BBQ snob when I married her) and the smoked potato very good.  The chicken was a smoky, meaty masterpiece and the sides were fresh and homemade tasting.  Overall a solid choice to add to the list of good roadfood around Gettysburg.  Limited hours: Thursday & Friday 3-7 pm and Saturday 12-7 pm.

http://www.hoffmansbbq.com/
post edited by Treetop Tom - 2012/05/09 12:09:59

11 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1