Pros and Cons of Electric Pellet Smokers

Author
Foodbme
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10220
2012/05/18 05:29:36 (permalink)

Pros and Cons of Electric Pellet Smokers

Are any of you pitmasters out there using a Pellet Smoker?
If so, how's it working? 
I've been researching Electric Smokers, thinking along the lines of Bradley, Cookshack, Masterbilt, etc.
And then I ran into a very knowledgable BBQ store owner and Competition Champion who sold me on the merits of a pellet smoker. They've been blowing away competitors who use conventional smokers.
Pellet smokers are a relatively new concept that's growing by leaps and bounds. It's professed to be the next generation of smoking meats and will surpass conventional smokers in due time.
The major drawback is Price. The lowest priced units I found range from $700 to $1000 Bucks!
As production increases, prices will come down I'm sure. Some are made in the USA, Some in Canada and some in-- where else, China. Traegar Grills was one of the first companies to make them in the USA and then they took production to China and the quality went to hell.
Here is a web site I recommend to anyone thinking about buying ANYTHING outdoor cooking related.
Their buying guides are terrific.
"The Definitive Buyer's Guide and Reviews of Smokers, Grills, Cooking Accessories, Tools, Gadgets, Books, Magazines, Sauces, Ingredients, and More."
 http://www.amazingribs.com/BBQ_buyers_guide/index.html 
post edited by Foodbme - 2012/05/18 05:31:31

6 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1