The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Nashville, TN - Need Help Making Decisions

jkealey

• Total Posts: 3
Nashville, TN - Need Help Making Decisions Mon, 05/21/12 1:43 PM (permalink)
Need some help making a decision on restaurants in and around Nashville.

Trying to decided between breakfast at Dotson's or Puckett's Grocery in Franklin, TN.

Trying to decide between lunch at Miss Mary Bobo's (Lynchburg, TN) or Bell Buckle Cafe (Bell Buckle, TN)

Thanks for any help.

kevincad

• Total Posts: 399
    Re:Nashville, TN - Need Help Making Decisions Mon, 05/21/12 1:55 PM (permalink)
    jkealey

Need some help making a decision on restaurants in and around Nashville.

Trying to decided between breakfast at Dotson's or Puckett's Grocery in Franklin, TN.

Trying to decide between lunch at Miss Mary Bobo's (Lynchburg, TN) or Bell Buckle Cafe (Bell Buckle, TN)

Thanks for any help.

I was at the Bell Buckle a year or so ago, had a pretty decent meal there! And in Nashville, I've always liked Ed's fish and pizza house!

Heartbreaksoup

• Total Posts: 407
      Re:Nashville, TN - Need Help Making Decisions Tue, 05/22/12 3:05 PM (permalink)
      I've not eaten at any of those places, but a friend in that area has been telling me that I need to cover Bell Buckle Cafe for our blog for a couple of years now, and he usually knows what he's talking about.

buffetbuster

Re:Nashville, TN - Need Help Making Decisions Tue, 05/22/12 3:50 PM (permalink)
        jkealey-
        We just ate at Dotson's in February for breakfast and it wasn't anything special.  I have only been to Puckett's for lunch, but still think that would be your better choice.

We also ate at Miss Mary Bobo's on the same trip and although the food is fine, the atmosphere was more memorable.  Still, definitely worth doing at least once.

Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9566
          Re:Nashville, TN - Need Help Making Decisions Wed, 05/23/12 5:18 AM (permalink)
          Have been to all of them.
          Miss Bobo's because of the unique nature and history of the place and the family style food was good too. Don't know how long it will last. Everyones dying off. You gotta say you've been there!
          I was at Dobsons BEFORE the big flood several years ago and it was always great. Don't know about post-flood. May have lost some charm. The food at that time, (Pre-flood), was better than Pucketts but Pucketts is good too. A coin flip on that one.

Davwud

• Total Posts: 503
            Re:Nashville, TN - Need Help Making Decisions Wed, 05/23/12 7:54 AM (permalink)
            Well versed on both. And Bell Buckle.

Dotston's is good but definite 3 place in that group (http://bit.ly/KabPww).
            Puckett's in Franklin is great (http://bit.ly/LfqweD). I haven't been in a couple years because we've been going to Puckett's in Leipers Fork (http://bit.ly/KT1FxS). Which we prefer. The are no longer affiliated and I've noticed some fairly big expansion from the what I will call "Big Puckett's". Not sure how that will affect the food.

I absolutely love Bell Buckle Cafe (http://bit.ly/LfqweD) Worth it for the oatmeal cake alone.

DT
            <message edited by Davwud on Wed, 05/23/12 8:00 AM>

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
              • No New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
              • Locked w/ New Messages
              • Locked w/o New Messages
              • Read Message
              • Post New Thread
              • Reply to message
              • Post New Poll
              • Submit Vote
              • Post reward post
              • Delete my own posts
              • Delete my own threads
              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com