Hot!Local Donuts 'n' Coffee

Author
cfitz
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 12
2003/04/10 17:50:57 (permalink)

Local Donuts 'n' Coffee

Don't get me wrong: I love the Krispy Kreme donut as much as the next feller. But first off, we don't have any KKs around me, and I'd love to see a good local donut shop survive.

Around Massachusetts, a lot of local shops have been driven under by those mass-produced sinkers at Dunkin Donuts. I worked there as a teenager and was horrified to find that their donuts come froma giant "just add water" bag of powder. Nastiest things ever. And the coffee stinks, too, unless you get it with enough cream and sugar that it tastes like melted coffee ice cream.

So: Where have all the good donuts gone? There are the only three I can think of offhand:

Shrewsbury, MA: Donut Inn - Main Street
A little tiny place right in the center of town. Usually busier than Dunkin' Donuts, thankfully. Nice chocolate cake donuts here. Excellent coffee, too.

Worcester, MA: Donut Express - Webster Street
Chocolate frosted rules here, and the guy that runs it's really nice.

Walpole, MA: Country Kitchen Donuts - Main Street
I had a jelly donut - which I hardly ever get - from this place and it was really good, though the jelly was that flourescent red stuff from a five gallon bucket. Anyone make a jelly donut with real jelly?

Alrighty, where are your favorites?

194 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1