The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Dining at the Heard Museum, Phoenix AZ

Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9587
Dining at the Heard Museum, Phoenix AZ Fri, 06/1/12 8:38 PM (permalink)
Since many of our RF Trip Reporters have been including Museums as part of their reports, I'd like to mention the Heard Museum in Phoenix as a "Must See" if you're interested in Museums and the American Southwest. It's the finest collection of Southwestern Art in the World. The Courtyard Cafe also offers a fine selection of local foods including Frybread!
 COURTYARD CAFE
The Courtyard Café, nestled in the museum's Central Courtyard, offers seasonal outdoor dining or indoor dining.
Choose from an assortment of delicious cuisine, prepared with locally-grown, fresh ingredients with an eye to taste, textures and Southwestern culture.. Enjoy our classic signature items like posole, acclaimed in Bon Appetit Magazine, plus fresh soups, salads and artisan bread sandwiches. Also, try our tepary bean hummus, crafted with beans indigenous to the Sonoran Desert.
My favorites are the Crispy Corn Tacos and the Chile Lime Shrimp Cerviche!
http://www.heard.org/visit/2012_CafeSummerMenu_Phoenix.pdf
Don't miss amazing desserts like mini chocolate bundt cakes, fry bread and fry bread sundaes.
http://www.heard.org/visit/dining.html
The museum itself is worth a visit.
http://www.heard.org/currentexhibits/index.html
Everyone's visit to Phoenix should include a stop at the Heard Museum in downtown Phoenix!

wanderingjew

• Total Posts: 7411
    • Roadfood Insider
    Re:Dining at the Heard Museum, Phoenix AZ Sat, 06/2/12 9:55 AM (permalink)
    I've been to the Heard Museum. Back in 1990, my mother (who was living in Albuquerque at the time) and I flew to Phoenix for the day, and the Heard Museum was one of our stops.

mr chips

• Total Posts: 4715
      Re:Dining at the Heard Museum, Phoenix AZ Sun, 06/3/12 3:15 AM (permalink)
      I've been to the heard. love the collection of Kachina dolls of senator Goldwater. Wonderful spot with some of the most amazing art I have ever seen.
      <message edited by mr chips on Tue, 06/26/12 11:53 PM>

kaszeta

Re:Dining at the Heard Museum, Phoenix AZ Sun, 06/3/12 4:48 PM (permalink)
        Nice.  Have always wondered about that cafe.  The food always looks good, but I've usually gotten lunch elsewhere.

(That's a great museum...)

Foodbme

Re:Dining at the Heard Museum, Phoenix AZ Sun, 06/3/12 4:58 PM (permalink)
          kaszeta

Nice.  Have always wondered about that cafe.  The food always looks good, but I've usually gotten lunch elsewhere.
          (That's a great museum...)

I believe the Cafe is operated by a Scottsdale Restaurant, Arcadia Farms, which is a very good Cafe
          http://www.arcadiafarmscafe.com/index.html

buffetbuster

Re:Dining at the Heard Museum, Phoenix AZ Sun, 06/3/12 6:02 PM (permalink)
            Thanks for the tip!  Next time in the Valley of the Sun, I will make the Heard Museum a priority.

Extreme Glow

Re:Dining at the Heard Museum, Phoenix AZ Sun, 06/10/12 8:44 PM (permalink)
              The Heard is very much worth a visit.  I don't remember what I had at the cafe but I do remember that it was much better than I expected from a museum cafe.  The outdoor settings is very nice assuming it is not 110F.

Foodbme

Re:Dining at the Heard Museum, Phoenix AZ Sun, 06/10/12 10:23 PM (permalink)
                Extreme Glow

The Heard is very much worth a visit.  I don't remember what I had at the cafe but I do remember that it was much better than I expected from a museum cafe.  The outdoor settings is very nice assuming it is not 110F.

Very nice photo! Thank You!
                Here's a little History of Kachina Dolls for those interested:
                http://www.historykachinadoll.com/

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                  • No New Messages
                  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                  • Locked w/ New Messages
                  • Locked w/o New Messages
                  • Read Message
                  • Post New Thread
                  • Reply to message
                  • Post New Poll
                  • Submit Vote
                  • Post reward post
                  • Delete my own posts
                  • Delete my own threads
                  • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                  What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com