The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Cuz's Uptown Barbeque in Pounds Mill, VA

buffetbuster

Cuz's Uptown Barbeque in Pounds Mill, VA Tue, 06/5/12 5:51 PM (permalink)
While doing some research for an upcoming Virginia trip, I came across a very interesting restaurant called Cuz's Uptown Barbeque.  It looks eccentric to say the least and seemingly out of place in Southwest Virginia.  Here is a link to the website and a short film on the place.

Has anyone ever been here before?  I would love to hear from someone who has actually eaten there. 

jimcfs1

• Total Posts: 71
    Re:Cuz's Uptown Barbeque in Pounds Mill, VA Tue, 06/5/12 8:12 PM (permalink)
    It's been a long time since I was there BB, as it's only about 45 minutes from where I live in Princeton, WV.  I had completely forgotten about them until you posted this.

It is called a Barbeque joint, but it is more sophisticated than what we are used to in a BBQ joint here (think the opposite of say The Ridgewood).  They do make their own BBQ, but I don't remember ever having it.  I do remember having some good Prime Rib they had on special one time there about 15 years ago.  Don't remember what I had the other times and it's been probably a good 10 years since I've been there.

They did have some tough times as there was a fire that had them closed for awhile.  They used to be only open for dinner too, don't know if that changed.

buffetbuster

Re:Cuz's Uptown Barbeque in Pounds Mill, VA Wed, 06/6/12 8:30 AM (permalink)
      jimcfs1-
      Thanks so much for the reply!  You are right that this sure doesn't look like the typical bbq joint.  I even read that the bbq might be the weakest part of the menu. 

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
        • No New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
        • Locked w/ New Messages
        • Locked w/o New Messages
        • Read Message
        • Post New Thread
        • Reply to message
        • Post New Poll
        • Submit Vote
        • Post reward post
        • Delete my own posts
        • Delete my own threads
        • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
        What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com