Hey Atlanta: The Varsity Sucks!

Author
ULVER
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 226
2004/02/26 18:10:20 (permalink)

Hey Atlanta: The Varsity Sucks!

And I'm a born and raised Atlantan. The truth hurts, but the best thing about this place, is the history behind it. I do it a couple times a year, just for the trip through americana. However, I always come away, wondering what the big deal is. Because basically, The Varsity sucks.

OK, the chili dogs are pretty good. If they get them right. Of my two dogs last trip, one had an old, crusty bun, and the other had the mustard more on the bun, than dog. Aside from chili, mustard/ketchup, onions, pimento cheese, or whatever topping you care for, the dogs and burgers are tasteless. No nifty grilling, or special herbs and spices. It's claimed a lot of people order both items "naked." Either, without something on them, would be about as flavorful, as warm cardboard.

The famous onion rings, have a load of deep-fried batter, and little onion. Even worse, are the fries. "Strings" I believe, is the pet name for them. Indeed. Listless, soggy, and yes, stringy--with plenty of flavor. If you like grease.

The Varsity also boasts a rather rude staff, seemingly with their minds more on crack pipes, than saying thanks. If the sludge gets to ya, before you leave, they do have a very nice restroom. Forget squatting with any dignity, as the stalls have no doors. Yes, doorless crappers. Make a new friend! Just don't shake hands.

Lastly, The Varsity proclaims with pride: "No food over 12 hours old", or something to that notion. I hope they didn't pay an ad agency good money for that. Really makes one think "fresh." My stomach churns, just thinking of those fries sitting there, as both a customer, and that 12th hour approaches.

61 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1