The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

New truck build - electrical setup/schematics? Dr of Bbq where are you?!

calijoeo

• Total Posts: 8
New truck build - electrical setup/schematics? Dr of Bbq where are you?! Wed, 06/6/12 10:05 PM (permalink)
Hi all-
Been following all the posts for a while and doing my best to learn from everyone else as I go through the process of building my food truck to be a shaved ice vehicle. Currently I'm at the point of connecting my generator (5500 watt Generac) which has already been tapped to my fuel line to the rest of the electrical system. I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to these systems so was hoping to find out what has worked for everyone else before buying my components.

As far as I know I want to have my generator hooked to a transfer switch (automatic vs manual? I would assume automatic is better?) with one line running to the inverter and one to the main panel. As far as inverter/charger goes, anything I should look out for? Those run to the two deep cycle 6 volts. I was hoping to have a set up where when not hooked up to shore power the generator would automatically kick on when the batteries were getting low. Is this the right approach?

I will be having an electrician do it all but just wanted to find out what products and set up have worked best for everyone. I'm only doing shaved ice so my power requirements aren't too high. Shaver, freezer, LED lights, A/C sometimes (in San Diego so not always needed), Audio/Video sometimes, instant hot water heater.

I appreciate any help and if being snarky and rude makes you feel better have at it! That's what the internet is for! Thanks again!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com