The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Interesting or Funny Segues

CNW

• Total Posts: 182
Interesting or Funny Segues Mon, 06/11/12 3:47 PM (permalink)
Have you ever seen or heard a commercial that didn't fit with the program you were listening to or watching, or had one commercial follow another that made you laugh when you thought about it. I had a couple happen to me this last week.

The first one was when I was in my car listening to my SiriusXM on one of the News/Talk stations when they cut away to a promo for an appearance on the Catholic Channel by Cardinal Dolan of Philadelphia that then segued to a commercial for Adam and Eve, an adult novelty company. I broke out laughing.

The second one was when I was checking out the UEFA Euro soccer tournament, there was a link to a WAGS (Wives and Girlfriends) UEFA pictorial. Like most straight men I like looking at pretty girls in bikinis, so I clicked on it. About a third of the way through the slideshow one of the ads on the page changed to a Bible Study/Theology Degree program offered by a Fundamentalist Protestant Seminary. Again I had a good laugh.

So, has this happened to you? Tell us about it.

CNW

Ahi Mpls.

• Total Posts: 922
    Re:Interesting or Funny Segues Mon, 06/11/12 4:38 PM (permalink)
     Last Week I was watching a late- late night episode of "Criminal Minds"  (If anyone disses Hotch, You are DEAD to me) 
          And a commercial for ADT (We're home, even when you're not)  came on. 
              Nice, I thought, and proceeded to go double check all the windows and doors.
      The VERY next commercial was for "DREAM LIGHTS"  The somewhat animal shaped pillows that emit amazing bright stars onto your child's (?!) ceiling.
     " Is your child afraid of the DARK?!"  " Get DREAM LIGHTS!!!"  
           Oh my.

Dawn.

bartl

• Total Posts: 1208
      Re:Interesting or Funny Segues Thu, 06/14/12 9:14 PM (permalink)
      Decades ago, in New York, the first time they showed "Gone With The Wind" on television, newspapers the next day commented on two highly inappropriate commercials. The first was right after Gerald O'Hara smashes his head - a commercial for aspirin. The other was right after Scarlett O'Hara says, "I'll never go hungry again!" - a commercial for McDonald's.

Bart

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
        • No New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
        • Locked w/ New Messages
        • Locked w/o New Messages
        • Read Message
        • Post New Thread
        • Reply to message
        • Post New Poll
        • Submit Vote
        • Post reward post
        • Delete my own posts
        • Delete my own threads
        • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
        What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com