Another P-30 Stepvan Build-Out...the future HOT BUN-mobile

Author
BigChoksHOTBUNS
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 20
2012/06/21 11:58:17 (permalink)

Another P-30 Stepvan Build-Out...the future HOT BUN-mobile

Hi all,

I've been lurking on these forums for about a year now and have gleaned a TON of valuable insight into constructing these bad-boys. Just now getting around to my build-out; figure I owe it to the site to post updates on our progress.

A little overview on the Truck:

'98 Chevy P-30 Stepvan, Gasoline engine, 10' Box. The truck currently has a ceiling height of 73" - we are going to raise the whole damn thing 12" because I am a tall dude and I value the integrity of my skull. We plan to install a 1/2 size Gas-fired Combi-oven, 2 Hot-hold cabinets (1 dry, 1 humidity-controlled), single-door reach-in fridge, dual tank slushie/granita machine (switched out with soup warmers for winter), and 2 overhead AC units. Along with all of this will be the required 3-comp and handwash sinks, water heater and pump, wastewater/freshwater tanks, 4' hood w/ exhaust fan, and hopefully a small amount of storage.
Power: We are looking at a 17.5 KW Generac GP generator with 26,250W surge capacity, we also plan to switch out the carburetor on this in order to burn tri-fuel and leave our power options a little more open. Other than that, we will have an under-carriage-mounted, DOT approved propane tank (probably 60lb) and hope to power as much with direct LP as possible.

Will update with more as it happens. Will also try to get some pictures linked on here since I know I'm too wet behind the ears to post 'em in here yet.

Any advice is much appreciated!

Cheers and happy truckin',
Big Chok

31 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1