Bought A Kamado Style Cooker.........

Author
rebeltruce
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 702
2012/06/24 11:05:47 (permalink)

Bought A Kamado Style Cooker.........

Been researching Kamado cookers for awhile now.. looked at most of them, and decided on the Char Griller Akorn.

Not ceramic, so not as costly, or as heavy, as the Green Egg.....and it works great....I've never cooked on a ceramic Kamado style cooker so I'm going by my first cook yesterday on the Akorn. Did a rack of ribs, and they came out great. It'll take me some time top master temp control but for the first time I thought I did pretty well.

Temp stayed right around 250-300 and I let them smoke for just under five hours. my only complaint....I went a little heavy on the Tony's, so they were a little to salty....nice and tender with just the right amount of chew. I used a few chunks of Hickory, and the rack had a nice smoke flavor.

The cooker was very easy to put together, I only dropped the F bomb once when I dropped a screw and it went through the rails of my deck....gone forever.

I'm doing a chicken today, spatchcocked over direct heat. I'll try and post a few pictures of the yard bird, no pics of the ribs, but here are a few of the Akorn...

12 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1