Need advice on starting up an italian ice push cart business

Author
Globalturtle
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 3
2012/07/10 03:32:20 (permalink)

Need advice on starting up an italian ice push cart business

Ok so Ive recently come up with the idea of starting an italian ice push cart business. I have made my cart from scratch (looks very good, can post pictures later in the week) and have some questions on keeping the ice cold. Basically, my cart is just plywood covered with some 1 inch insulator sheet. Most of the cracks are sealed except for the ones on top of the cart. So Ive been reading and saw how people say the ice can stay cold for up to 8 hours (In a day I would not be working for more than 6). Would that be good enough or should I go with dry ice (anyone have any experience with dry ice) or the reusable cold plates. Any advice on keeping it cold?
Also, what are some popular flavors, to start of I was thinking of getting mango-cherry, coconut, cookies and cream ice cream, and chocolate. 
Lastly, im starting my business in NY (brooklyn to be exact) and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with permits in this area. Im 15 so im pretty sure Im not even old enough to get them but I see tons of ice cart guys going around that im sure dont have any permits.

Any additional advice on getting started, wish me luck! 

4 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1