Look at ME!

Author
Mosca
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2980
2012/07/13 17:14:14 (permalink)

Look at ME!

That's what these kinds of posts really are. But I think this one is important, and especially since I know some folks here.

I'm no longer a 300 pounder.

Not that I set out to do this, or anything, and diet talk is boring. I still love my food. I'm still going to eat it.

But anyhow, I've lost 10%. I didn't really set it as a goal. I changed some things, but not a lot of things. I used less oil on stuff, ate less sweets and salty snacks, declined to eat the last third of whatever I was served, except I could finish the vegetables if I liked them. 2 egg omelets instead of 3 egg omelets. Hamburgers instead of cheeseburgers.I switched from ice cream and cake to watermelon and pineapple for after dinner.

I don't own a scale. I don't beat myself up. I found out how much I lost at the doctor's office today. Last time, at the end of April, it was 329; today it was 297. I might go down more, I might not... I'm not thinking of it that way, I'm thinking about how to be happy with whatever it is I do. I eat a little less because it pleases me to do that, is the only way to say it.

I hate exercise, and I don't do it. I should walk, but it seems so pointless to me, there's no destination. If it pleases me to start walking, I'll do it, but I don't think that's going to happen soon. If the dog liked being walked, I'd do it, but she walks 15 yards and sits down and looks at me like I'm an idiot. (She's an English bulldog.)

Anyhow, look at me, look at me!

7 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1