The Chips family says good bye to Sam and Visits Southern California

Author
mr chips
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4727
2012/07/14 02:00:48 (permalink)

The Chips family says good bye to Sam and Visits Southern California

My son sam is moving to Alhambra, California. Sam, Trudy and I flew down to Southern california for the move. During our stay there we said our good-byes, took some time out to visit some fun places with sam and his siblings, and ate as much road food has we could that was reasonably close to Alhambra.
      Day 1
    Our flight arrived at Ontario airport at 9:15a.m. Sam's birth family picked him up so could practice his driving. Trudy and i decided to drive to the nearby town of Glendora and stopped at the road food recommended place The Donut Shop. Ayersian had recommended this place highly and we tried the incredible strawberry doughnut. It is a pastry shell filled with fresh glazed strawberries(7 large ones),,so large you are provided a fork to eat it with. it was quite simply the best doughnut i have ever eaten, the very eggy pastry shell filled with 7 very large and very sweet berries. The flavors worked well together. On the site review you can see the peach donut which is very similar but a few weeks out of season. This place has other flavors but the strawberry lingers in the memory. Arrange a stop here if you are within 50 miles of the place and u will enjoy one of the great treats of your life..
      Trudy and I then drove to Pasadena where we lunched at Houston's, an upscale chain that serves a huge prime rib french dip sandwich that is wonderful. The Sterns recommend this chain in their 500 things book and I must say it was tender and rich and large enough that a single sandwich filled up both of us.  I recommend this place highly. It was a surprise to me the sandwich was that good.
       Our final stop of the day was Galco soda shop in the nearby Highland Park area of Los Angeles. This place has a huge supply of sodas from all over the world. I found a caramel soda, an ouzo licorice flavored soda, coffee flavored soda from New York, an Ecuadorian strawberry soda. This place is a must stop for anyone who loves soda and likes to check out unusual flavors. Again thanks to Ayresian for finding this place and taking the time to post a review.
post edited by mr chips - 2012/09/08 01:38:51

31 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1