Mobile Wood Fired Pizza Oven for sale

Author
bobwatts
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 25
2012/07/23 21:59:20 (permalink)

Mobile Wood Fired Pizza Oven for sale

Hi folks,

I got into the world of mobile wood fired pizza in spring of 2011. It has been quite the learning curve, but it has been a good experience. Now, Brick and mortar is calling. I would love to hold on to my mobile unit for catering and local events, I think it would be great advertising. Ultimately, if I do not sell it, that is likely what I will do, but I really need to turn the investment from the mobile for some of the equipment for the B&M.

I have a Forno Bravo Modina 120 mounted on a trailer. I purchased it back in April 2011 and have used it at numerous events, festivals, catering and non-profit. It has turned out better than I anticipated, the FB oven is a real workhorse. I truly love it. BTW, when I purchase a new Wood Fired Oven for the brick and mortar, it will most likely be a FB oven.

The trailer is 16' long, has two torsion axles with electric brakes. The overall set up will weigh just under 5000 lbs., so you will want to consider a F150 or 1500 series vehicle for towing (1/2 ton) or larger. There is a large, open storage area in front of the oven (the door of the oven faces to the rear). I use that area for wood, coolers, metal racks, tools, etc.

My oven is very well built. I used a builder in NC who was building fire brick ovens. The Modena is 4" thick. Above the oven is a thick layer of perlite and below is 4.5" - 5" of concrete. Once you bring it up to temperature (we cook 675 - 725 on the floor) and keep it there for a few hours, you have enough retained heat to cook for the next two days as long as you keep the door shut. It's a heat holding machine. I have the regular FB door as well as a travel door that bolts in place.

This is a great opportunity for someone considering getting into the business as I have or for a pizzeria who wants to begin offering catering services. The latter will likely not need help, but if you are just starting out, I will be happy to help you in any way I can - in fact, I will practically insist on it. There are mistakes I have made, events that I have gotten into, etc. that I will help you not make. There are some key items that will make your life much easier.

I live in N. GA, just south of Chattanooga, TN.

I am asking $14000 for my set up.

For pictures or other questions, please email me.
That is bobwatts at (the @ symbol) windstream dot net
post edited by bobwatts - 2012/07/23 22:03:19

5 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1