The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Bar Harbor Treat

JOliveri

• Total Posts: 2
Bar Harbor Treat Fri, 08/3/12 9:49 AM (permalink)
I just got back from Bar Harbor Maine and while I did overindulge on lobster I found one of the best breakfast spots of my life. That spot happens to be Jeannie's Great Maine Breakfast. Sometimes you walk into a restaurant and everything just feels right from the hostess down to the last bite of food and Jeannie's was just that. It was a very busy but worth the wait. The first morning there I had the corned beef hash with 2 fried eggs with an English muffin. The hash was spectacular, tiny diced potatoes mixed in with well flavored corned beef. My 2 eggs over easy cooked perfectly with an English Muffin that was so outstanding (sorry Thomas). They make homemade Strawberry Rubarb jam to spread on your pancakes or breads of choice....Yummy.
The breakfast was so good I needed to return back for breakfast the next day in search of 2 more items the blueberry pancakes and pot roast hash.
Let's start with the pot roast hash. This was delicious loaded with flavor and super tender and if you are looking for a hearty breakfast this is your dish. I again had 2 eggs over easy cooked perfectly with the best English Muffin.
I mixed in the best buleberry pancake I have ever tasted in my life. The cakes were bursting with flavor from the fresh Maine Blueberries along with the perfect texture you want from a pancake. I slathered the cake with syrup although I'm not sure this pancake needed it.
This is a Bar Harbor must!!!

Tony Bad

Re:Bar Harbor Treat Fri, 08/3/12 11:09 AM (permalink)
    This is a good place, as is Jordan's. Can't go wrong with either one!

Howard Baratz

• Total Posts: 445
      Re:Bar Harbor Treat Fri, 08/3/12 3:22 PM (permalink)
      I would like to add Cafe This Way to the list of Bar Harbor's excellent breakfast places.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
        • No New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
        • Locked w/ New Messages
        • Locked w/o New Messages
        • Read Message
        • Post New Thread
        • Reply to message
        • Post New Poll
        • Submit Vote
        • Post reward post
        • Delete my own posts
        • Delete my own threads
        • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
        What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com