some corny thoughts

Author
californyguy
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 513
2012/08/04 22:05:22 (permalink)

some corny thoughts

Sweet summer corn is one of my favorite things, have it several times a week.  I love the nostalgic ,delicous ritual of the whole endeavor . First I peel off the husks just before dropping them into boiling water ,bring back to a boil then turn off the heat & always serve it  in corn shaped dishes with little corn handles  plugged into each side ...the corn stays v good  and tender for about 10-15 minutes - there is seldom any left after that.
It's been a flavorful corn season here in northern california -some from farm stands , but most from our local regional market Raleys who has had some of the best sweetest white thats been around in awhile- may have tasted a slight decline tonite , but will double check soon to see if the best is really gone already- sure hope not,because I am not done yet  . Corn has been selling 3/99, but a few weeks ago had some great  very local corn at five for a dollar , a price I have not seen for awhile.
 I feel so bad when I see the corn burning up in the midwest-  wonder if you can  even get it there and at what price? Hope all is still corny where you are!    
post edited by californyguy - 2012/08/04 22:07:31

8 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1