The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Cruise Ship Food

Hot Dog Empire

• Total Posts: 175
Cruise Ship Food Mon, 08/6/12 10:46 PM (permalink)
Anyone ever go on a cruise? I'm going on an 8 day cruise at the end of September. I am told by everyone that I will absolutely love the food. But then as the conversation goes on, they talk more and more about quantity and availability of it. I was looking more at possibly trying new things and I was also wondering how they can maintain consistency with over 2,500 meals served 3+ times a day. I already eat too much so quantity is not what appeals to me.

Its a Carnival cruise which is supposedly the "Walmart" of cruising. This doesn't bother me as I shop at Walmart every week! I wont post pics/reports when im on board as internet is satellite (s-l-o-w) and the rates are: 
Pricing
Instructions on how to create an account and pricing details are present on-screen in the Internet Café or on your laptop once you connect to Carnival WiFi. Internet pricing is identical, whether you are using the Internet Café terminals, your own laptop or other wireless devices. All Internet charges will be billed directly to your onboard “Sail & Sign” account.
Time Plans offer guests the opportunity to enjoy a lower per-minute rate. These Time Plans are transferable between Internet Café terminals and personal laptops/wireless devices, can be used anytime throughout the cruise until disembarkation and don’t have to be used in a single session. No refund will be provided for unused minutes. Upgrading a pre-selected pricing option is not available and plans are subject to change.
• 480 minutes/8 hours for $159 USD = $3.01/minute
• 240 minutes/4 hours for $89 USD = $2.69/minute
• 120 minutes/2 hours for $59 USD = $2.03/minute
• 45 minutes for $29 USD = $1.55/minute
• Pay As You Go: $0.75/min
Printing – available in the Internet Café at $0.50 USD/job
Activation fee – a one-time $3.95 USD charge applies to each user on their first login only.
Boarding Passes – you can check in online and print your boarding passes in the Internet Café; please note, regular printing and online time charges apply.

So if there's interest, I will post pics/reviews when I return. I would welcome feedback from others that have cruised.

Thanks!!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com