If you were to buy a Franchise, Which would it be?

Author
mayor al
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 15321
2012/08/09 22:55:35 (permalink)

If you were to buy a Franchise, Which would it be?

I know, this sounds like another one of Chewies weird poll/trolls. But let's play along for a minute.  if you suddenly came into your Lottery winnings and decided to buy a Franchise (or several), be it Fast Food, or restaurant-chain, What would it be and what reasons would you use to justify the purchase. I would prefer to limit the selection to food-related business's, and be the last stop in the food chain, rather than a distributor or wholesaler.
   For me, I have two choices ready and waiting for the arrival of the money... First would be a Doe's Eat Place. I would like to be the silent Owner of the Louisville Metro Area "Doe's". I don't pretend to know the operational details of a business like "Does", but I think i can find (with help) a good Manager and team to run the place when I get the Franchise.  "My Doe's" would have a Butcher Shop as an integral part of the restaurant, and diners would select their cuts of entree meat or fish from the freshly cut offerings in the Butcher area.  I might consider a 'grill  it yourself' area for those who want to do it themselves, but that would be only an option.
   My second choice would be a Sonic or Two, located at Interstate Interchanges on the Indiana side of the River on I-64 and I-65. Recently the two Sonics on our side of the river have failed. Not sure why, but crappy location was a factor in the loss of one. Both relied on local trade, where Sonic does well with the traveling public also.

Anyway, If I were to get into the business as an investment, those would be my first choices.   How about you?

61 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1