Hot!Sharkii's Food truck

Author
sharkii's
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 70
2012/08/17 14:46:59 (permalink)

Sharkii's Food truck

Sharkii's is a partnership which   Consist of myself Ricardo and Christina . We will be one of the younger owner/ operator teams in the Central Florida area, she is 26 and I am 20 years old. We will be based out of Central Florida.
The Sharkii's concept is simple we will be serving tacos with an international twist. We will carry the classics from chicken, beef, and pork. Some of the not so classic offerings will be duck, turkey, shrimp, calamari, tripe, and our signature shark tacos.. 
We are looking hopefully at a late December opening date. We will keep everyone updated on the status of the build. 

The one issue we face is being young, but the way i look at it knowledge is power. We know what we want and how to achieve it. We as a team go most of the truck events weekly learning from the other vendors on what to do and not do. The one main thing we notice is that not all of their business models are the same but most of them have many similarities.  Some vendors are real helpful with question and helping out, but some are not. They are where they are besause they put in the work and long hours and we admire that :)  We have have done all our research and questioning the health department, fire marshal, police department, county, city , all up and down the ladder. One of the biggest helps has been this Road food furum . I have read every single thread on the Restaurant proffesionals forum and just wanted to say THANK YOU to all of the inviduals that contributed their time and knowledge to help other's out.

The truck is a 1998 Chevy p-30 step van with 41000 miles on it. WE got the truck at a great price after looking around for over a year. THe inside is 12ft x 6.5 ft x 76 inches. As of right now the truck is an empty canvas ready to be built so excited  :) We have purchased most of the equipment, now we are ready put the puzzle together. 

Once again Thank you everyone on this great forum for all the knowledge and helpful information you provide :)

Ricardo
Sharkiis@live.com

45 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1