Trip to Portland, Oregon & the Oregon Coast

Author
pnwchef
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2535
2012/08/17 18:38:33 (permalink)

Trip to Portland, Oregon & the Oregon Coast

Our family trip to the Oregon coast started early, we dragged Mollie out of bed so we could make it to Portland around 11 AM. It's going to be hot at home 103 degrees, with Portland getting up to 93 degrees, I am ready for the cool ocean breezes. The trip is about 200 miles from where I am in Washington State. The ride down the Columbia Gorge is beautiful, breath taking in some areas. This is the most picturesque streach of highway I have every traveled. After driving out of Washington state, to Oregon, and down the Columbia river, you will see desert like views with rolling hills.   looking across the river is the Maryhill Museum. The road winds next to the river Then as you climb a hill and travel up closer to the Dalles, Mount Hood hits you right in the face with all its beauty After you leave the Dalles, you head to Hood river, this area of the river is great for wind surfing, the town was taken over by these surfers, land and house value sky rocketed. This is a picture from the Columbia Gorge Hotel, These Blueberries were picked in a area in the hills up from Hood River. Mollie has been known to eat a container as we travel along   The views make the drive pleasant, Mollie is still rocking out to something on her ipod, I have the ipad ready for her when she gets bored. The view gets greener as we travel into this area, the area gets a lot of rain, being closer to Mt Hood. The trees are a nice site showing me I'm getting closer to my lunch destination. We drive knowing we are getting close to Portland, I'm waiting for Multnomath Falls to show it's face, this is always a great view to end our journey down the Columbia River Gorge,  We are now traveling into more traffic, heading to our lunch stop. I'll be back later to post picturs of lunch when I return............These are almost all internet stock pictures, if you have never traveled along the Columbia river gorge, put it on your schedule and make the trip some time in your life......See ya soon............
post edited by pnwchef - 2012/08/18 08:21:56

68 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1