The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Dinosaur BBQ - Newark NJ

ken8038

• Total Posts: 1559
Dinosaur BBQ - Newark NJ Sat, 08/18/12 6:22 PM (permalink)
I met up with 2 friends of mine for dinner at the new Dinosaur BBQ outpost in Newark the other night.  This was first trip to any Dinosaur location, so I don't have any other one to compare it to, but overall it was quite good. We each got a sampler plate so we pretty much covered the whole menu between meats & sides.

The St. Louis Ribs were outstanding! We all agreed they were the highlight. The pulled pork and brisket won't make anyone's Top 5 list, but they were pretty good. The only disapointment were the Hot Links. They were bland and without much taste at all. I was really looking forward to them, but hot links seem to always be a disapointment anywhere I go in the Northeast. Ain't nothin like Hot Links in Texas.

The sides were all good enough, nothing knocked my socks off, but it was all enjoyable. Good selection of draft beers at fairly resonable prices.

For a fairly new, very busy, place, they seemed well organized. I had made an on line reservation and there it was on their computer (never know how that's going to go..) and a table was waiting for us. Our server (Tony, I think) was excellent, really on the ball with our complicated orders. I'd go again and concentrate on those ribs.

It's only 2 blocks from Newark Penn Station (I took the train, more beer for me!), and adjacent to the PNC Bank arena. As a matter of fact, there was a WNBA Game in progress when we were leaving, and scalpers were dumping tickets (who in thier right mind thinks they are going to make money scalping WNBA games??).  We got 3 tickets for $5 total and watched the end of the first quarter to halftime. I had never been to the arena and had never been to a WNBA game, it was fun. Caught a 10:08 train and was home before 11.

<message edited by ken8038 on Sat, 08/18/12 6:23 PM>

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com