Biscuits in Ahwatukee, AZ

Author
Foodbme
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10110
2012/08/24 19:31:29 (permalink)

Biscuits in Ahwatukee, AZ

The name of the Place is Biscuits. Ahwatukee is a section of Phoenix just south of the city proper and west of I-10 if you're going East toward Tucson. Not far from the Airport..
It's a Mom & Pop opened not too long ago that's currently serving Breakfast & Lunch with a Fish Fry on Friday Nights, (Alaskan Cod).
Guess what? If you name your place "Biscuits", you better serve darn good biscuits! I've only been there once, but they did their name proud.
I ordered the daily special, 2 nice large eggs over easy done correctly, properly cooked grits served piping hot with real butter and an order of very hot bicuits & gravy. The Biscuits were large and fluffy but I'll need to go back and try them sans gravy to get a true opinion. The quantities were large and the quailty was there. The Waitstaff are mature ladies who are very friendly and I had a nice chat with the owner. His brothers are the cooks and have worked in the South before so they know their Biscuits & Grits!
I'm a home-style Breakfast kinda guy and this place hit me right between the eyes. Dispite being rather new, they did win the "Best Resaurant in Ahwatukee, 2011' which is saying something because Ahwatukee is a relatively upscale community with some very good restaurants.
Can't wait to go back to try some of the other Great Looking items on the menu including:
Corned Beef Hash
Chicken Fried Steak
Country Ham Steak
WWII Spam & Eggs
Link & Patty Sausage, Hardwood Thick Bacon, Portuguese Sausage
Champion Pancakes - Whole Wheat Cakes filled with granola, fresh blueberries, slivered almonds & cinnamon
Mexican dishes include Breakfast Burritos or Quesadillas, Huevos Rancheros or the Chorizo Scrambler.
Lunches include Soups, Salads, Burgers, Sandwiches and Blue Plates like Liver & Onions, Open Faced Sandwiches, Meatloaf (A Speciality) and Chicken a la King. Apple Crumb & Pecan Pies for dessert.
They will be expanding to the Mesa/Gilbert area shortly with a site already wrapped up.
Military past & present, get a 15% Discount! (Good for them!)
Earned the Foodbme Seal of Approval!!
If you're in the area, definitely worth checking out. No web site up yet so go here:
http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/22/1543010/restaurant/Ahwatukee/Biscuits-Phoenix#all_reviews
http://www.yelp.com/biz/biscuits-phoenix

8 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1