"HURRY" the end is near

Author
pnwchef
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2457
2012/09/02 11:47:23 (permalink)

"HURRY" the end is near

The Star of the show on this sandwich is the tomato, I can't say this on most months of the year. I woke up this morning, Sept 2nd, there was a chill in the early morning air. I walked in the garden with my French roast coffee steaming from my cup. I looked down at the tomatoes and thought " Holy Crap" the season is almost over, I need to hurry and take advantage of these juicy red tomatoes. In a few months from now, this sandwich will  be a fond memory, a day when the tomato was the star of the show. Winter will come, tomatoes will be bought, we will slice into these store bought greenhouse tomatoes and dream back a few months when the garden tomato was in season. I think of how I would love a juicy Beefsteak tomato on my BLT, I can only wish, it's not going to happen. It would have been better to have the memory of this tomato, than to buy a tomato that was grown and harvested with no taste. Life is full of beginnings and ends, but real happiness is found some place in the middle. The tomato is a perfect example of how I waste my life. In the beginning of the year I can't wait for the first tomato, soon after that I have so many, they are wasted, some spoil and rot on the vine, I act like they will last forever. At the end I have to hurry, make up for lost time, eat as many as I can before it's to late. I think i do this with all the living things around my house, I better take a closer look before it's to late..............Give your tomato a hug today, who ever he or she may be.................This is a BLT that I had at breakfast, sitting next to the tomatoes I love.

While eating this sandwich, I thought I had a tear on my cheek, but it was only Mayonnaise.

14 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1