Wall Behind Grill HELP

Author
The GCS
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 14
2012/09/05 18:24:15 (permalink)

Wall Behind Grill HELP

Ok, so I've looked around and I saw glz.juanc had a really similar post but I was hoping to get some clear replies with this. Sorry if it's repetitive. I have a P30. The walls are set up with regular home insulation between the outer aluminum skin and a piece of 5/8" plywood. There is then FRP screwed to the plywood. I have drilled 4 holes in the back lip of the grill and used 2x4's as spacers. I then used lag bolts to anchor the grill to the wall. Well needless to say, I almost had a fire during a test run.
I'd post pics but it wont let me. Anyways, the 2x4's got so hot that they started smoldering and got red hot on the bottoms. They were not in direct contact with the flame from the burner. I ended up putting a big sheet of SS on the wall with duct heating/cooling insulation between it and the FRP, and replaced the 2x4's with aluminum square tubing. 
There is a 3" gap from the back of the grill to the wall. I am just paranoid as all get out that its getting too hot and not sure how to be sure. Hopefully, some of you can help me out. 
Thanks in advance!

5 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1