Our Very Own Gourmet Coffee (food) Truck Build!!!

Author
OurCoffeeTruck
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 53
2012/09/10 00:10:53 (permalink)

Our Very Own Gourmet Coffee (food) Truck Build!!!

Aloha!!!

So I've been meandering through the forums here on Road Food for a week or two and decided that it was time to start my own thread. I Have a 1995 Chevy P30 that in years past has been a plumbing warehouse on wheels. I work for a plumbing company here in NC that consists of my employer/brother-in-law/best-friend/future-business-partner and me. So yeah, we're a small company but we value our reputation and do quality work. So yeah the whole plumbing thing is great and all, there's only one little problem. It stinks. Yup you heard right. Plumbing stinks.  Metaphorically AND literally! Don't get me wrong, I am thankful to have learned the trade, and am grateful to have a job in this economy. I know that my lifelong plan never included plumbing, and I have been trying to get out of it pretty much since i got into it full time out of high school. and then again in and out of college. 
My friend (henceforth know as Jesse), our wives, and I have enjoyed gourmet coffee for a few years now and have talked very seriously about opening a drive thru coffee kiosk up towards Raleigh for a solid two years. The only hindrance being mountains of debt and no money. No biggie Right? HA! Anyways The the transmission in our truck went out a few months ago. I was already having to deal with a nightmare plumbing job and this was the icing on the cake of dissatisfaction with my job. Later that night I was joking around with my wife and said "well, I guess we're just going to have to cut a hole in the truck and start selling our coffee out of it!" We both kind of just thought about it for a second and mutually said "that might actually work!"  And it all started from there! 

So here I am at twelve on a sunday night researching and trying to start my own thread on this very helpful site. It's been a few months coming, but God has really been opening doors for us. We've been deconstructing the truck and getting it ready for our new venture for a couple months. We are shooting to be open sometime this fall. We shall see!

So wow i didn't realize quite how much i have been typing!! It looks like a freakin book up there. Haha!

Anyways here's my thread! I will be posting pics to flickr and facebook tomorrow, and to RF as soon as my probation is up!

I look forward to all of your input and help with my build! Thanks in advance!

25 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1