The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Best in Minnesota

styth

• Total Posts: 3
Best in Minnesota Wed, 03/3/04 1:15 PM (permalink)
What are your favorites?

saps

• Total Posts: 1551
    RE: Best in Minnesota Wed, 03/3/04 1:34 PM (permalink)
    In the St. Paul area, I remember a place called Grandpa Tony's off of Snelling that had excellent pizza. However, I don't know if it still exists, since the last time I was there was 14 years ago when I was in college.

Over by the U of M in Dinkytown, there is Vescio's, which makes a good square pie (also a good braciole sandwich), and off of 494 in Richfield on Lyndale is Broadway Pizza, which makes a good thin crust pizza.

Way north in International Falls, just two blocks before you cross into Canada, there is a place called the Border Bar that makes great burgers and excellent thin crust pizza.

There seem to be a fair amount of decent pizza joints in MN. I'm not sure why. Being from and living in the Chicago area, it still freaks me out when I tell someone that some of the better pizza that I've had is that little place in International Falls.

Theedge

• Total Posts: 1196
      RE: Best in Minnesota Wed, 03/3/04 5:04 PM (permalink)
      I'm down here in Austin (SPAM TOWN) and we actually have two great mom and pop pizza joints. Both serve thin square cut pizza. At Steves they offer a great greek chicken pizza. At Georges they have one called the Beckel Special (not on the menu) that has a sweet/hot sauce along with the pizza sauce plus hamburger, bacon and ham.

If your ever in Austin give them a try. Both are down town a few blocks east of main street...it's a small town.

bobt

• Total Posts: 8
        RE: Best in Minnesota Fri, 06/25/04 10:50 AM (permalink)
        MInnesota does have some great pizza places....Sammys Pizza all around the midwest...Carbone's, Broadway Pizza all around the twin cities....Poor Garys pizza in Eveleth....Seems like most towns have at least one great pizza place! too many to list here for sure

Hastyman

• Total Posts: 83
          RE: Best in Minnesota Sat, 06/26/04 11:23 AM (permalink)
          When I lived there, I liked Mansetti's in Little Canada and Pagliai's in Mankato.

Nancypalooza

• Total Posts: 3778
            RE: Best in Minnesota Tue, 06/29/04 12:31 PM (permalink)
            I can second Pagliai's in Mankato. The Mrs. measures every thin-crust, square-cut place against it. Plus they're really cheap.

I'm already on the record about Cossetta's in St. Paul, but how about Sven & Olie's in Grand Marais? The pizza itself isn't unforgettable, but how many places in the country can you get pizza and lutefisk in the same place?

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
              • No New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
              • Locked w/ New Messages
              • Locked w/o New Messages
              • Read Message
              • Post New Thread
              • Reply to message
              • Post New Poll
              • Submit Vote
              • Post reward post
              • Delete my own posts
              • Delete my own threads
              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com