Connecticut Roadfood Bus Tour 2012

Author
buffetbuster
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10225
2012/10/02 13:04:48 (permalink)

Connecticut Roadfood Bus Tour 2012

Everyone is welcome to add their own photos here.  Also, most of the people who go on the bus tours don't really post in the forums, so I don't really know their screennames.  I will try to do some identifying as we go, though.

We were meeting in the lobby of the Sheraton at Bradley Airport in Hartford.  When my party (me, cousin Johnny and my girlfriend Mariton) arrived downstairs, Michael Stern had already brought boxes of great looking donuts

from Neil's Donut & Bake Shop in Yalesville and Coffee An in Westport.  Here is Roadfooder paulde

relaxing near the donuts.  Knowing we had six restaurants stops, I decided to skip the donuts, but the people I spoke to said the donuts were excellent.

Here is Michael Stern on the bus

letting us know about the stops ahead.  First up, The Lunchbox

in Meriden for steamed cheeseburgers.  As you can see,

they knew we were coming and warmly greeted us!

On previous trips to Connecticut, I had sampled steamed cheeseburgers at Ted's and K. LaMay's, so I was thrilled they chose The Lunchbox.  Inside is rather small, so we had to eat in shifts.  Since we were at the front of the bus and immediately got seated, we ordered right away, ate quickly (but after photos, of course), paid as soon as the food arrived and got out of the way for other Roadfooders.  Cousin Johnny

even took burger outside to finish.  ChiTownDiner and I split a steamed cheeseburger with bacon and here it is cut in half. 

It was nice and moist and the white cheddar cheese gives it a strong flavor.  Cousin Johnny went a step further and added grilled onions to go with the bacon. 

He seemed very happy with his choice.  As you went expect when you are with CTD, you will have lots of food to eat.  He also got a steamed cheeseburger omelet. 

This was so big, I thought we were going to need the silverware

off of the wall to eat it!  I don't think this worked as well as the cheese was just too overpowering.

All the Roadfooders worked as a team to insure that everyone would have enough time to eat and we stayed on schedule.  Here are few more photos from The Lunchbox:

That last photo is Chris Ayers and Lori Melton.

As we were about to leave, the friendly crew from The Lunchbox came out to wave goodbye to us. 

We headed off to our next stop..... 
post edited by buffetbuster - 2012/10/02 18:48:19

102 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1