Valet Mishaps

Author
DawnT
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1286
2012/10/05 17:56:41 (permalink)

Valet Mishaps

I don't think we've had this topic directly related to restaurants. It's one to think about before turning your keys over to a valet and who's ultimately responsible it. Back in July, I got a call from friends that I haven't heard from in a while who were dining nearby. Apparently, their car was parked by a valet impoperly and towed while they were dining. I gave them a lift to the towing yard which ended up having to wait for their car to arrive before they paid the fees and the vehicle released. I still don't know what the outcome was. From what I gather, everyone is blaming everyone else. The city rents out off-street parking spaces to valet services in this case and the restaurant and valet services are blaming the city's towing agent which claims it was parked in a space not designated for their use. Back in the 90's, some friends of my parents came down here on vacation and had a rental car that was damaged by a valet flying though speed bumps in a parking garage. I also recall a co-worker that discovered that she had an outstanding parking violation that the date and time corresponded with an evening out at a restaurant. The vehicle was returned without the citation. Every so often, one of the tv news crews does a story on some of the shennanagins that are pulled by towing companies and properties that lease out their parking lots after hours leaving patrons booted, towed, or finding their cars impounded in the lot with a closed gate or chains with tow folks charging big bucks for their release. Those story's are common, but valet related ones don't seem to make much press, but everyone seems to have a story or know of one. They usually end up with a lot of finger pointing and not even worth seeking legal remedy.

17 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1