New to the food Concession Business

Author
ght
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
2012/10/18 16:56:04 (permalink)

New to the food Concession Business

I am new to the food concession business  Frankly, just beginning.  I have no experience in the food business.  I have a list of questions that I've created, any answers both general or specific are appreciated.  I have the book "Food Booth" by Barb Fitzgerald and it has been very helpful.  You can probably see that some of the questions are general and may also show my lack of experience.  Also I'm sure there are questions that I don't have that I should.  Again, any help at all is appreciated.

Questions Concession Business

1)  Tax implications….LCC or Sole Proprietor?

2)  Licenses  (Business, Food, Health etc)…. In Ca.  to be a temporary concessionaire what are the required permits?

3)  Insurance… What are the different types of insurance needed and is it difficult to get?

4) Food Handlers Card…How do you get one does everyone that works for you need one?

5) Where can you keep Supplies?  Can you store them at home or in your Trailer?

6) Can you store food at home?

7)  Trailer vs truck vs tent?

8)  Restaurant equipment…do you have to  buy or should you  buy "professional" equipment?

9)  Whats a commissary?

10)  What are the best events?

11)  Whats the best way to contact the event organizer?   do I need to other than the application?

12)  Trailer vs Truck, Tent?

13)  What should I sell?  Why?

14)  Whats the best way to market? is it necessary?

15)  What are the living conditions?  Where do you live?

16) How much money can be made?

17) What are the risks?

18)  Whats the best way to maximize profits?

12 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1