The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Ninja 3 in 1 cooking system

euclid

• Total Posts: 191
Ninja 3 in 1 cooking system Sat, 10/27/12 5:38 PM (permalink)
   Anybody familiar with or have used this system? Product claims it can steam, sear, bake and slow cook. Not at the same time of course. Web site is interesting. Not sure that I really need this but it has piqued my curiosity. Would appreciate some productive feedback. Heck, any feedback would be welcome.

Euclid

CCinNJ

• Total Posts: 7748
    Re:Ninja 3 in 1 cooking system Sat, 10/27/12 6:05 PM (permalink)
    I don't know anyone with more hand-on experience with the slow cookers than Stephanie at Crockpot 365 A year of Slow Cooking. Here are her thoughts...

http://crockpot365.blogsp...ooking-system.html?m=1

She is also featured in the infomercial.

euclid

Re:Ninja 3 in 1 cooking system Sat, 10/27/12 10:02 PM (permalink)
         Excuse me CCinNJ, at the expense of being totally lazy, is there a recipe book that supports this product? I most always tinker with recipes but do appreciate a starting point.

Euclid

CCinNJ

• Total Posts: 7748
        Re:Ninja 3 in 1 cooking system Sat, 10/27/12 10:29 PM (permalink)
        It looks like there's a recipe book included (25 recipes) with the purchase of the product...as well as a recipe book (150 recipes) available at an extra purchase.

I'm sure that ideas...recipes...etc. will be found quickly throughout the Internet soon since people seem to be pretty enthusiastic about the product (from what I have read) and they're getting to get. It can do anything a slow cooker does...and more.

I'll have to watch the infomercial when I see it (it should be soon enough on Directv). It might be on 17 channels right now.

I'm also sure my Mother will want one. She loves her Ninja 1200 Kitchen System.

euclid

Re:Ninja 3 in 1 cooking system Wed, 10/31/12 5:42 PM (permalink)
             Thanks CCinNJ for your help. I trust Sandy did you no ill.

Euclid

kland01s

• Total Posts: 2835
            Re:Ninja 3 in 1 cooking system Sun, 11/4/12 4:15 PM (permalink)
            I am a handicap person and can no longer cook like I loved to do. In used to be able to chop and slice anything, onions, potatoes, cukes. I have been looking for something to help me. I have a OXCO mandolin that I can sometimes have the energy to use and have been looking for something else. Suggestions??? Needs to be lightweight and small but safe for someone with weak hands.

bartl

• Total Posts: 1208
              Re:Ninja 3 in 1 cooking system Mon, 11/5/12 7:46 PM (permalink)
              kland01s
              I am a handicap person and can no longer cook like I loved to do. In used to be able to chop and slice anything, onions, potatoes, cukes. I have been looking for something to help me. I have a OXCO mandolin that I can sometimes have the energy to use and have been looking for something else. Suggestions??? Needs to be lightweight and small but safe for someone with weak hands.

If you don't have a cut-proof glove, get one. You will find that the mandolin is MUCH easier to use with one. If you OXCO is not the V-Blade, consider that one; it doesn't slice fancy, but it slices easy and fast. I use a Microplane Adjustable Slicer, but you need some hand strength to turn the adjuster, and OXCO makes good products (I got the Microplane because it's smaller, which is important in a cramped kitchen).

Bart

kland01s

• Total Posts: 2835
                Re:Ninja 3 in 1 cooking system Tue, 11/6/12 9:47 AM (permalink)
                Thanks Bart, I have been thinking about one of those gloves! My mandolin is a V blade, it really works well.

ldouthit

• Total Posts: 1
                  Re:Ninja 3 in 1 cooking system Thu, 06/27/13 1:23 AM (permalink)
                    I have had my Ninja 3-in-1 cooking system fpr several months, and I love it.  It does all the things that it says it will do.  I love the fact that I can brown a roast in it, remove it, make gravy, put vegetables in, then top with roast and cook about 8 hours.  It always turns out very tender and delicious.  When I brown the roast, I always rub all sides with Kitchen Bouquet for added flavor.  It has the stovetop setting, slow cooker setting, baking setting, and then even the buffet setting.  I have several crockpots, but this is by far my favorite.

nurse0530

• Total Posts: 1
                    Re:Ninja 3 in 1 cooking system Sun, 01/26/14 11:22 AM (permalink)
                    I received the Ninja 3 in 1 cooking system for Christmas. I am SO happy with it. I am not a perfect cook or a chef, but this makes me feel like one! My family is very happy with the food that I have been making and I have used all three types of cooking. I was surprised how the meat came out using the steam roast. Using a broth or other spices in the bottom seeped into the meat and made it juicy and tasty. I can not say enough about it. I made berry cobbler this morning and everyone loved it. I have been looking on the internet for recipes, but I think that any recipe that is good for an oven would work in the Ninja. I made spaghetti and meatballs and it took me less than five minutes to put it together, cook for 25 minutes, and it was delicious. Okay, I guess you get the picture. I love it!

Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9565
                      Re:Ninja 3 in 1 cooking system Sun, 01/26/14 5:06 PM (permalink)
                      I see that Cuisinart also has a 3 in 1 Cooking System.
                      Has anyone seen any comparison tests between the two of them?
                      Also, if you Google "ninja 3 in 1 recipes" you'll get a ton of them.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                        • No New Messages
                        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                        • Locked w/ New Messages
                        • Locked w/o New Messages
                        • Read Message
                        • Post New Thread
                        • Reply to message
                        • Post New Poll
                        • Submit Vote
                        • Post reward post
                        • Delete my own posts
                        • Delete my own threads
                        • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                        What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com