What's there to eat in Dayton Ohio?

Author
Heartbreaksoup
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 465
2012/10/28 19:18:28 (permalink)

What's there to eat in Dayton Ohio?

Hey everybody,

My wife will be spending two days in November in Dayton - lucky her, she gets to spend the two evenings before the election in a hotel room looking at swing state Romney / Obama ads on TV - and ten days in December.  The children and I will be joining her for the second half of the December stay.  While she's working, the kids and I will be popping over to Cincy and to Columbus, where I have found good recommendations aplenty, but Dayton itself is kind of confounding me.

On her first business trip to Dayton, she visited Tank's Bar & Grill and Culp's Cafe.  I'm aware that I can take advantage of our location and revisit Gold Star or Skyline, but what's the town got as far as really old roadfood, regional treats, pre-chain fast food, roadside architecture, or stuff we just need to see for our blog?  *Toddler-friendly is a must.*  We'll be there for the better part of five days, apart from lunchtime visits to Cincy / Columbus and their childrens' museums, so pile up the recommendations, please!

Also!  On our way home, we plan to stop at Hathaway's Coffee Shop in Cincy for breakfast and try that goetta stuff.  Can I find that in Dayton as well?

As always, thanks a lot for any advice!

37 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1