The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

A Six Hour Lunch

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17850
A Six Hour Lunch Thu, 11/8/12 7:12 PM (permalink)
There's nothing like a long lunch. lleechef and I decided to take one today, and it took a grand total of six and a half hours. We left home at 11 a.m. and drove the 124 miles to the Jolly Roger in Port Clinton, Ohio. She had a walleye sandwich, I had a perch sandwich and we split an order of onion rings. We also had iced tea.

A visit after eating to the Marblehead lighthouse was delightful, and before leaving the area we made a quick stop at Cheesehaven  to pick up a piece of 9 year old cheddar and a piece of 10 year old cheddar -- oh, and some trail bologna. And there was also a quick stop on the way home at Carle's in Bucyrus for a couple of pounds of their wonderful bratwurst for a future meal.

Several Roadfooders, including Buffetbuster and Sundancer, have visited the Jolly Roger. Their perch and walleye offerings are wonderful, and I think their onion rings are great. But, anyone considering a visit should do it quickly because they'll close November 25th and  won't reopen till the middle of February.

Edited to fix my dumb mistake about the ages of the cheeses.
<message edited by Michael Hoffman on Thu, 11/8/12 8:17 PM>

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com