- Joined: 10/1/2011
- Location: Seattle, WA
Serving dogs at Xmas tree farm...thoughts?
Thu, 11/8/12 11:10 PM
I have the opportunity to sling dogs over several weekends before Xmas and thought I'd throw this out there...I'm sure others have done this and might have some pointers....here's the deal.
I'll be meeting with the family this Monday to see the lay of the land but here's what I know at this point.
- 3rd generation Xmas tree farm in my area...I'm sure my dad and I went there to cut our tree way back when I was in middle school.
- Sheltered area for me and my cart and customers....sounds like more than a carport but open ended on a few sides I believe
- They are not asking for any rent...I offered to give their employees (6 or so) free lunch for allowing me to be there
- They have never had any vendors there before
- They average 300-400 people each weekend
- They will not have any additional food other than cider and donuts in the morning...sounds like they would like me there around 11-4 or so
In addition, they are thinking it might work well to have me there Fri, Sat & Sun starting the Fri after Thanksgiving and going 5 weeks until Sun the 23rd. I do have a M-F lunch spot downtown that has been ok....nothing rip roaring so sacrificing the Fri might not be too bad of a thing. However other than the Fri after Thanksgiving when I know many people are off and I do know people get their trees on that day, I'm wondering if working there Fridays after that might not be very profitable? If folks are heading to a Xmas tree farm on a Fri, I would think it would be after folks get off work...I'm more inclined to just be there Sat and Suns....and I'm also thinking that the last weekend (21-23) might be a waste of time.....anyway, that's all I know at this point.