The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

New Pot laws and Resturant Employees

Dr of BBQ

• Total Posts: 3716
  • Roadfood Insider
New Pot laws and Resturant Employees Sun, 11/11/12 9:08 AM (permalink)
Ok first the new pot laws Colorado and a similar in Washington "Amendment 64 allows people 21 and older to possess up to an ounce of marijuana, grow six pot plants and over the longer term allows for stores to sell it to recreational users."

How are the law changes going to effect the restaurant business? What if your employee wants to smoke a joint while on break? How is it going to effect the Workman's Comp Laws? I have an employee that runs a meat slicer can I tell him he can not smoke pot on break? Or even before he comes to work?

You can (already) tell an employee not to drink (alcohol) on the job or before coming to work (if he/she will still be intoxicated enough to impede production/compromise safety); you can tell an employee not to smoke (around food, etc) and you can even tell an employee not to smoke on your premises. And yes, you can ABSOLUTELY prohibit smoking pot during work hours (even on breaks) because it can affect production and safety. You can even tell the employee that he/she CANNOT report to work within 'XXX' number of hours after smoking pot for the same reason(s).

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com