What is your drinks refill policy

Author
tu2011
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 2
2012/11/12 22:31:03 (permalink)

What is your drinks refill policy

Hi All,
I have a question about free refills policy and what your opinion about it.  I run a small full-service restaurant that is fairly nice with table cloth/napkins, and an average price of $10/entrée.  We charge $2.25 for sodas and $1.95 for regular black iced tea with free refills.  Our to-go price w/o refills is $1.25 and $1.00 respectively for a 16oz cup.  Lately, I have seen an increase in customers dining in getting free refills and then ask a full cup to go for the road.  This seems like a cheap tactic to me and is cutting into our cost.  With the syrup costing ~$65/5-gallon and $20 CO2 tank, our cost is around $0.40 per 16oz cup.  Our customers on the average refill 3-4 times during their meal, giving us about $0.50 - $0.75 profit.  If I don’t charge them for the togo refill, then it’s not fair to the ones taking out that don’t get any free refills.
What do you think we should do with customers asking for a refill to take out, considering our cost is high (we use stock printed ecotainer cups)?  Do you have customers doing this?  What is consider as an acceptable practice that doesn’t backfire on the restaurant?

Thanks in advance for your comments and opinion.

26 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1