The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

As a Canadian, I am bit envious of the USA Thanksgiving celebration

slaveforpizzaandsushi

• Total Posts: 58
As a Canadian, I am bit envious of the USA Thanksgiving celebration Tue, 11/13/12 11:33 AM (permalink)
I am not sure if this is just my own prespective, and probably not that of other Canadians, but I wish we had American Thanksgiving instead. It seems like a huger deal in the USA than it does in Canada. The idea of going shopping the next day holds no appeal to me. And believe me, i do love to shop, aren't all women born with that gene, but the idea of facing crowds and mass chaos holds little, if any appeal to me.

What I do enjoy is the importance of the holiday in the American psyche that seems to me be missing from us Canadians. Once again, that could just be me, and not shared by my fellow Canucks. 

I look through the posts and feel envious..all the food and conviviality shared with friends and family..sighs...makes me almost want to move the USA. 

I love visiting the USA, and yes, of course for the shopping, but overall, its always been a positive experience, and negative situations..well, you will find those everywhere. 

So, Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Roadfooders! My spirit in these situations moves me to be thankful the bounty, not speaking of money, but the gift of love with those dear to us, and as well the richness of a meal. My mom has a tradition of donating a turkey and a bag of potatoes to the local charity for their annual thanksgiving and Christmas dinners.  I think that is one I will have to do as well when she longer can. 

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com