Texas BBQ in Wisconsin!

Author
Pancho
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 915
2012/11/18 17:47:57 (permalink)

Texas BBQ in Wisconsin!

Just discovered this little joint yesterday. I had chopped brisket, a Beasley sausage, huge bacon wrapped jalapeno popper, nice portion of fantastic local sweet corn, and a slice of buttermilk pie. Owners are from Orange, Texas and it's the real thing.
http://www.doublesbbq.com/

8 Replies Related Threads

ScreamingChicken
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5137
    Re:Texas BBQ in Wisconsin! 2012/11/18 19:30:54 (permalink)
    Did you try the cornbread?  I was there a couple of months ago and the owner told me that a lot of customers didn't care for it, but I thought it was pretty good.
    Pancho
    Double Cheeseburger
    Re:Texas BBQ in Wisconsin! 2012/11/19 14:24:21 (permalink)
    ScreamingChicken

Did you try the cornbread?  I was there a couple of months ago and the owner told me that a lot of customers didn't care for it, but I thought it was pretty good.
    No, I didn't want to make a pig out of myself. What'd you think of the place?

brisketboy
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1117
    Re:Texas BBQ in Wisconsin! 2012/11/19 15:37:45 (permalink)
    Thanks for this. I have an old shipmate of mine who lives in Wisconsin and throughly enjoyed the bbq when he came to visit and laments on how he cannot get it there. He's tried the mail order routine but swears that can't suck enough.
    ScreamingChicken
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5137
    Re:Texas BBQ in Wisconsin! 2012/11/19 16:03:26 (permalink)
    Pancho

ScreamingChicken

That's what barbecue's for!  Here's a report on my visit.

Brisketboy, where in Wisconsin does your friend live?  There might be some good general barbecue options for him but I suspect Texas-style food will be tougher to find.
    Pancho
    Double Cheeseburger
    Re:Texas BBQ in Wisconsin! 2012/11/19 21:05:37 (permalink)
    ScreamingChicken

Pancho

ScreamingChicken

That's what barbecue's for!  Here's a report on my visit.

Brisketboy, where in Wisconsin does your friend live?  There might be some good general barbecue options for him but I suspect Texas-style food will be tougher to find.
    Hey SC...I was actually joking. Sorry I missed your report. Wow, we both had almost the same thing. I also liked the sausage better than the brisket. They were still out of the boudain....I had sampled them at Fete de Marquette last summer. That is an event you should surely hit next summer. Great bands...Marcia Ball and Sonny Landreth headlined last year.

Liberty
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 5
    Re:Texas BBQ in Wisconsin! 2012/11/28 05:45:47 (permalink)
    Hmmh - I didn't see them when I drove through a couple of weeks ago.  Going again on Saturday, and I'll be needing lunch [WHATEVER TIME I GO BY] about then...  I'll let you know how it is...
    Gotta wonder though how you are out of boudin that long?  (it's even posted on their website)  Maybe I should make a batch and take it with me for them...
    post edited by Liberty - 2012/11/28 05:47:56
    Pancho
    Double Cheeseburger
    Re:Texas BBQ in Wisconsin! 2012/11/28 09:48:41 (permalink)
    Liberty

Hmmh - I didn't see them when I drove through a couple of weeks ago.  Going again on Saturday, and I'll be needing lunch [WHATEVER TIME I GO BY] about then...  I'll let you know how it is...
    Gotta wonder though how you are out of boudin that long?  (it's even posted on their website)  Maybe I should make a batch and take it with me for them...
    They are in that little strip mall across from Piggly Wiggly at the intersection of 12/18. Tell them the guy from Madison who ordered the buttermilk pie sent you.

Twinwillow
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5091
    Re:Texas BBQ in Wisconsin! 2012/11/28 12:42:24 (permalink)
    If I ever had to move away from Texas, the thing I'd miss most is
    Central Texas BBQ! I can't go a week without it.
    Second would be the great folks who live in Texas.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1