How come nobody is talking about condensation? (A lurker finally joins and speaks!) :)

Author
breadandbutter
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 3
2012/11/22 01:05:05 (permalink)

How come nobody is talking about condensation? (A lurker finally joins and speaks!) :)

Hey everyone! Canadian trailer-caterer-to-be here. I've been lurking for the last year or so as I have been planning but I'm just downright stuck on something that I cannot seem to be able to search out an answer for in the past threads.

I'm ordering a trailer from a manufacterer in Oregon (that builds lots of concession trailers). My choices are to insulate or not to insulate (only insulation they offer is the white styrofoam bead board stuff), then the trailer comes stock with ply, then I was going to have them line it with vinyl.

I did read on this thread that the white styro will soak up water like a sponge. In  my trailer I will be doing full catering out of it... so my massive double oven, griddle, and 6 burners will be going full bore throughout the year, even in the winter. In my parts of Canada things rarely freeze up but they do hover just above freezing and boy oh boy does it rain here. Kinda like the climate in Seattle or Oregon coast. So with all that heat on the inside.... and all that wet cool air on the outside... ugh to what might collect inside my walls. Mold? Rotting walls/floors/ceilings? I am petrified with the "what if" scenarios. I know I need to have vapour barrier on the exterior walls of my house... but on the trailer?

So? What do you think? Pick the trailer up uninsulated and do the insulation, ply, and vinyl myself? (UGH)

Thanks in advance and oh this forum ROCKS.

Robyn

16 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1