The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Making a Roadfood TV Webcast profitable.

IslandDogsInc.

• Total Posts: 6
Making a Roadfood TV Webcast profitable. Thu, 11/29/12 12:19 AM (permalink)
This question may not exactly fit the forum I'm posting it in, but I'd really like to get some feedback from restaurant/food service professionals before I take it any further.

In my spare time I operate a small video production company. It's mainly a hobby, but also a growing secondary source of income. I am very good at it and can produce network-quality content. Lately I've been toying with the idea of producing a roadfood travelogue-type show for webcast. It would have a TV show format similar to DINERS, DRIVE-INS, and DIVES (but without an on-camera host - it would have a voice-over narrator instead), and would feature locally-popular mom and pop places with interesting menu items. Actually it would be a lot like the FOOD PARADISE series in that each episode would spotlight a particular type of food: Burger joints one show, Hot Dog places the next, BBQ the next, etc.

My biggest dilemma is this:  Since it will (initially, at least) be only a Webcast, and a decidedly region-specific show  - mainly centered on places within the Tennessee Valley (Northern Alabama, Middle Tennessee, and Northeast Mississippi) I'm not sure how to make it profitable.  I could self-finance the first couple of episodes as they'd serve as a pilots/proof of concept, but after that I'd need to start making it pay somehow.  

Any suggestions?
<message edited by IslandDogsInc. on Thu, 11/29/12 12:46 AM>

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com