Am I getting scammed by my trailer manufacturer?

Author
breadandbutter
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 3
2012/12/17 16:25:00 (permalink)

Am I getting scammed by my trailer manufacturer?

Hey guys,
I'm just about to place the order for a 16x8.5' trailer that will house a full-service mobile kitchen for my catering company. I already have a 12' hood and fan unit - weighing in at oh, I'd guess between 250-300 lbs. I removed it myself from a local brick and mortar restaurant going out of business, it was attached with four wall mount brackets screwed into the 2x4 studs. That was it.

My trailer manufacturer seems to really, really want to sell me 12" on centre wall posts and ceiling roof bows instead of the standard 16" on centre. I have searched this forum extensively looking for build info - it seems that most people are putting their wall and ceiling supports at 16" on centre. Doing this would save me numerous hundreds of bucks.

They are going to build me a special brace for the mushroom for the roof, so not sure why I need extra support there. Plus it's just not that heavy (60 lbs or so).

Any thoughts? Any horrible mishaps with not enough support for the hood or other stuff (cabinets/racks/whatever)?

Thanks in advance!

Robyn

7 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1