Panda Express

Author
mayor al
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 15304
2012/12/19 16:07:08 (permalink)

Panda Express

We often used Panda Express, both eat-in and take-out, to settle our Chinese (style) craving when we lived in SoCal.  While not the old-style sit-down Chinese restaurant of my youth, we found it to be quick, economical, and a big step-up from the usual 'Buffet' Chinese that have multiplied across the country.
  When we moved east, there were no Panda Express Stands anywhere near us, and as much as we could miss a 'now and then' fast-food stop, we missed our Panda Express stops for several years.  Last year we came across a Panda Express in Southport, near Indianapolis. We made it a point to stop there one time to get an update on the food served there.  It was a disaster...The place was dirty, the food served was NOT fresh ( I am being kind in my choice of words) and the servings were tiny compared to our previous experiences with this chain.  We left disappointed.

Well recently a Panda Express has opened on our side of the River in the Louisville Metro area.  Today we gave it a shot at reclaiming the plus-side of FF Chinese banner.  It did quite well...The Honey-walnut Shrimp, Orange Chicken and Shangai-Angus Beef (Oriental Fajitas) with large boxes of Chow Mein and Fried Rice was plentiful, good-tasting, and still hot after a 20 mile ride home. Total $29.95.
My only gripe is that they do not have the BBQ Pork that has been one of my favorite Oriental entrees in the past. I will inquire about it being added in the near future.

So we are happy...a FF Take-Out Chinese place is something we will make use of.
AL

30 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1