The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

If you can't trust the UPS driver ...

MetroplexJim

• Total Posts: 3708
If you can't trust the UPS driver ... Sat, 12/22/12 10:57 AM (permalink)
When will people ever learn not to mess with other people's property - especially in Texas?

http://www.khou.com/news/local/UPS-employee-caught-red-handed-stealing-Christmas-gift-184373811.html

FriedClamFanatic

• Total Posts: 1506
    Re:If you can't trust the UPS driver ... Sat, 12/22/12 2:06 PM (permalink)
    Of Course I trust my UPS man......my son looks so much like him! And I love my son!

mar52

• Total Posts: 7609
      Re:If you can't trust the UPS driver ... Sat, 12/22/12 8:57 PM (permalink)
      I totally love that he got caught.

I've had an ongoing problem with packages being stolen off my front step.  I blame the homeless around here, my neighbors that moved and now I have someone new to blame!

One January a friend finally wrote to me asking if we liked the Christmas gifts she sent. 

What Christmas gifts?  Did not receive a single gift although the USPS thinks leaving them on the porch is proof of delivery.

mr chips

• Total Posts: 4715
        Re:If you can't trust the UPS driver ... Sat, 12/22/12 9:23 PM (permalink)
        My wife and son had their passports stolen when they were left by our  apartment front door.
        <message edited by mr chips on Sun, 12/23/12 11:18 AM>

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15076
          • Roadfood Insider
          Re:If you can't trust the UPS driver ... Sun, 12/23/12 3:48 AM (permalink)
          Our USPS guy and the UPS driver are welcomed  in our home often.  If the weather is bad, a refill of their thermos with hot coffee is appreciated by both. Xmas treats have gone to both of them already this season...Plus the UPS guy now has a big sample of our smoked Bacon for his lunch sandwiches.
            Both of these guys have gone the extra mile, literally to give us excellent service, and we appreciate them very much.

We keep a Coleman cooler near the back deck with a UPS sign on it, so the driver can put any packages in a weather-proof container if we aren't home.

MetroplexJim

• Total Posts: 3708
            Re:If you can't trust the UPS driver ... Sun, 12/23/12 9:12 AM (permalink)
            mar52

I totally love that he got caught.

I've had an ongoing problem with packages being stolen off my front step.  I blame the homeless around here, my neighbors that moved and now I have someone new to blame!

One January a friend finally wrote to me asking if we liked the Christmas gifts she sent. 

What Christmas gifts?  Did not receive a single gift although the USPS thinks leaving them on the porch is proof of delivery.

Wow!  How sad.  And such a shame that SoCal with its climate and natural beauty has knuckleheads like that.  To be sure we have knuckleheads here in pug-ugly Texas but when they are caught justice is swift, certain, and severe.  Lord knows, I think we all would like to live in a society like Mayor Al describes above.

ces1948

• Total Posts: 1499
              Re:If you can't trust the UPS driver ... Sun, 12/23/12 6:44 PM (permalink)
              I found it handy to signup for UPS "my choice" alerts which send you an e-mail to let you know if a package is headed to your address (from anyone) and allows you in certain cases to reschedule or divert your package to the local UPS office. It's free but there is a premium version which offers more options but I didn't find enough value .
              I also got an email from Fedex which says they will be offering a similar service soon.
              Unfortunately USPS doesn't seem to offer anything along these lines

mar52

• Total Posts: 7609
                Re:If you can't trust the UPS driver ... Sun, 12/23/12 7:06 PM (permalink)

We keep a Coleman cooler near the back deck with a UPS sign on it, so the driver can put any packages in a weather-proof container if we aren't home.

A cooler on my porch would be gone by sundown.

Now the ring the bell and by the time I'm down stairs to find a box on my porch, they're down the street getting in to their truck.

At least I have the new mail delivery person trained.

love2bake

• Total Posts: 1281
                  Re:If you can't trust the UPS driver ... Sun, 12/23/12 7:30 PM (permalink)
                  mayor al

Our USPS guy and the UPS driver are welcomed  in our home often.  If the weather is bad, a refill of their thermos with hot coffee is appreciated by both. Xmas treats have gone to both of them already this season...Plus the UPS guy now has a big sample of our smoked Bacon for his lunch sandwiches.
                  Both of these guys have gone the extra mile, literally to give us excellent service, and we appreciate them very much.

I bet the UPS drivers fight over who gets to deliver to your house and get smoked bacon!!! 

iluvcfood

• Total Posts: 397
                    Re:If you can't trust the UPS driver ... Mon, 12/24/12 12:06 AM (permalink)
                    Rough neighborhood!  

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                      • No New Messages
                      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                      • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                      • Locked w/ New Messages
                      • Locked w/o New Messages
                      • Read Message
                      • Post New Thread
                      • Reply to message
                      • Post New Poll
                      • Submit Vote
                      • Post reward post
                      • Delete my own posts
                      • Delete my own threads
                      • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                      What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com