The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Food Truck Build 1979 P60

Change Page: < 1234 | Showing page 4 of 4, messages 91 to 110 of 110
BelCibo

• Total Posts: 155
Re:Food Truck Build 1979 P60 Sat, 05/18/13 7:35 AM (permalink)
Buck & Vi's

belcibo, whats the idea on 2 hand sinks? also that 3 compartment sink cover looks pretty heavy duty, (thick) custom? i need to get one about 70"long...

We did not want to deal with a commisary and idaho allows it if you are a full service unit.  To comply to have to have a three bay wash sink, handwash sink and a food prep sink.

The cover is custom cut.  I bought 3/4" not realizing how thick that was.  1/2" would have been fine.

BelCibo

Re:Food Truck Build 1979 P60 Sat, 05/18/13 7:40 AM (permalink)
    Buck & Vi's

I've got the I pad and square register app on and I am going to be using the square register for my p.o.s. system they have a great "free" one, easy, all set up just waiting for a printer. as I recall square only has 2 receipt printers that will work with there system. I had the numbers but cant seem to locate them right now (I think tsp 143 lan.) but only need the I pad, wireless router, and Ethernet printer only Ethernet printer will work for this system, I was fortunate enough to have the company  we are located at furnish us with a wi fi connection for the I pad too. I down loaded pictures for the menu and installed them on the I pad, really quite easy and makes it easier associate pic instead of words....

Could not be happier with the Square Register.  Easy to setup, use, gives me hourly sales comparisons from previous days, and processes cards in a couple seconds.  We don't have the printer setup yet, very soon.  One tip is that we bought an off the shelf cash drawer not listed as square compatible and it works just fine with the printer.
    http://www.staples.com/MMF-Industries-VAL-u-Line-Small-Size-Cash-Drawer/product_IM1F59024

printer is a TSP143L. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003O91EUY/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    <message edited by BelCibo on Sat, 05/18/13 7:51 AM>

daddywoofdawg

• Total Posts: 299
      Re:Food Truck Build 1979 P60 Sat, 05/18/13 11:38 PM (permalink)
      I don't understand why they say a certain cash drawer, because it's fired off the printer not the software.If the printer gets a signal that says fire off the cash drawer all that matters is that the printer can talk to the cash drawer.

Buck & Vi's

• Total Posts: 822
        Re:Food Truck Build 1979 P60 Sun, 05/19/13 5:57 AM (permalink)
        if no commissary, where do they allow you to dump your gray water? and take on fresh?

BelCibo

Re:Food Truck Build 1979 P60 Sun, 05/19/13 9:05 AM (permalink)
          Buck & Vi's

if no commissary, where do they allow you to dump your gray water? and take on fresh?

It has to be an approved source which in my case is an RV dump station for water and waste.

BelCibo

Re:Food Truck Build 1979 P60 Sun, 05/19/13 10:58 PM (permalink)
            Facebook is up.  Any suggestions you guys would make?

https://www.facebook.com/belcibotruck

fishscale28

• Total Posts: 223
              Re:Food Truck Build 1979 P60 Sun, 05/19/13 11:15 PM (permalink)
              Looking good!  Im sure you'll have the likes and followers rolling in.  Keep it up with posting often and lots of pics and you'll be golden!

BelCibo

Re:Food Truck Build 1979 P60 Thu, 05/23/13 10:51 PM (permalink)
                Propane tank pictures, two different side tanks shown, 100lbrs. Both craigslist finds, If I remember right one was $40 and the other $80.  Doors from an RV shop, $25ea.

<message edited by BelCibo on Thu, 05/23/13 10:55 PM>

kingofcreams

• Total Posts: 111
                  Re:Food Truck Build 1979 P60 Tue, 05/28/13 11:38 AM (permalink)
                  BelCibo

Buck & Vi's

I've got the I pad and square register app on and I am going to be using the square register for my p.o.s. system they have a great "free" one, easy, all set up just waiting for a printer. as I recall square only has 2 receipt printers that will work with there system. I had the numbers but cant seem to locate them right now (I think tsp 143 lan.) but only need the I pad, wireless router, and Ethernet printer only Ethernet printer will work for this system, I was fortunate enough to have the company  we are located at furnish us with a wi fi connection for the I pad too. I down loaded pictures for the menu and installed them on the I pad, really quite easy and makes it easier associate pic instead of words....

Could not be happier with the Square Register.  Easy to setup, use, gives me hourly sales comparisons from previous days, and processes cards in a couple seconds.  We don't have the printer setup yet, very soon.  One tip is that we bought an off the shelf cash drawer not listed as square compatible and it works just fine with the printer.
                  http://www.staples.com/MMF-Industries-VAL-u-Line-Small-Size-Cash-Drawer/product_IM1F59024

printer is a TSP143L. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003O91EUY/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Everything looks very good! Congrats. I wanted to chime in on the Square service. I used them all last year. Worked great. Now this year, I was about to run a clients deposit through for a private booking and suddenly the card portion would not operate and I got a message telling me that I am no longer authorized to accept credit cards. After emailing them, (there is no phone customer service) I was told that for security reasons they could tell me why but that my credit card authorization was deactivated and that the decision was final. After that I started searching for Square complaints online and man there are alot out there. I'm just giving everyone a heads up on Square.  

chefbuba

• Total Posts: 1954
                    Re:Food Truck Build 1979 P60 Tue, 05/28/13 2:35 PM (permalink)
                    I have been using square for about two years, never had a problem.

kingofcreams

• Total Posts: 111
                      Re:Food Truck Build 1979 P60 Wed, 05/29/13 9:31 AM (permalink)
                      chefbuba

I have been using square for about two years, never had a problem.

Thats good. I can't say what happened cause they wouldn't tell me. I'm currently getting set up with Salesvu. Same type format as Square (2.75% swipe fees) but you actually set up a merchant account and they do inventory managment so once you set it all up  you'll know what you have for inventory etc. Also, it tracks employee shifts and all that. We'll see how it goes. I havent used it yet. I did like square but can't use it for CC'd now.

BelCibo

Re:Food Truck Build 1979 P60 Wed, 05/29/13 11:25 AM (permalink)
                        On the square topic, I ordered the new MIFI Router that Verizon just came out with that has an ethernet port on it.  I will have it working for this weekend's service and will let you guys know how it worked.  That will give me printed tickets and a working cash drawer.  We are currently writing out a ticket, then entering into square register.  This will eliminate a step and the cook will be able to read my writing :)

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/device/usb-modem/verizon-4g-lte-router

On another note, we had our best event ever Memorial day.  During our peak hour we got out 40 meals, all cooked to order, a record for us newbies.  1/2 the sandwiches are grilled so we were pretty happy with that.  We didn't have a line the whole hour so we could have got a handful more out.  Our current goal is to do 60 per hour.
                        <message edited by BelCibo on Wed, 05/29/13 11:31 AM>

BelCibo

Re:Food Truck Build 1979 P60 Mon, 07/15/13 9:03 PM (permalink)
                          Not on here much anymore, too busy prepping and cleaning, not busy enough selling! Thought I'd share our latest news.

We just passed our 1000th customer a couple weeks ago, got mentioned in a local paper, were in the background of a news cast, and just passed 100 likes on FB.  Small things but a big deal to us.  

I admire the guys that have been doing this for years, to say its a tough business is an understatement.  We're still excited, the food has been great and our customers are giving us rave reviews, what more could you want?....maybe some sleep lol.

http://www.boiseweekly.com/boise/bel-cibo-rolls-out-in-nampa/Content?oid=2894170

http://www.ktvb.com/home/Melba-fireworks-keep-getting-bigger--214338011.html

kapowtruck

• Total Posts: 121
                            Re:Food Truck Build 1979 P60 Sat, 11/9/13 4:48 PM (permalink)
                            Hey Belcibo,

Everything looks awesome. Do you have an access door for your genny? If you have a pic that would be awesome!

BelCibo

Re:Food Truck Build 1979 P60 Sun, 11/10/13 11:32 PM (permalink)

BelCibo

Re:Food Truck Build 1979 P60 Sun, 11/10/13 11:34 PM (permalink)
                                Here are the final graphics on the service side.  Looks fantastic and was exactly what we wanted.

BelCibo

Re:Food Truck Build 1979 P60 Mon, 11/11/13 12:13 AM (permalink)
                                  Also wanted to update on the square.  We are using the printer to print the chef's ticket and customer number.  It is working great.  We can hit 60 orders an hour now so it really helps.  You can also type in custom comments like hold the mayo etc.

kapowtruck

• Total Posts: 121
                                    Re:Food Truck Build 1979 P60 Mon, 11/11/13 9:30 AM (permalink)
                                    BelCibo

Also wanted to update on the square.  We are using the printer to print the chef's ticket and customer number.  It is working great.  We can hit 60 orders an hour now so it really helps.  You can also type in custom comments like hold the mayo etc.

Thanks for posting that. I was looking for an access panel and the prices blew my mind. Now I can just have my welder reuse the panel! Thanks for saving me money.

On square do you have 2 epson printers or one with dual paper? Are you using your phone as a POS? I was looking at this for my IPAD POS https:// itunes.apple .com /us/app/mikan-pos-restaurant-point/id617942190?mt=8

BelCibo

Re:Food Truck Build 1979 P60 Mon, 11/11/13 10:00 AM (permalink)
                                      Just one printer.  It prints the chef ticket with a number on it and the customer number together.  The customer number is cut almost all the way across so it tears easy. Chef ticket goes to the rail, number goes to the customer.  The chef ticket also has a time stamp on it which is nice to monitor turn times.  
                                      We had a guy that complained about waiting over 10 minutes for his food, the ticket showed me he had been waiting four minutes.  Of course I did not share that with him but at least I knew the truth. 

Another option is to type their name on the order and it will print out on the chef ticket.  It takes longer to type the name but when you are giving orders out by number people can get grumpy when a later number gets served first.  We have some 1 minute sandwiches and our fried goods are done to order so they take 3 minutes.

BelCibo

Re:Food Truck Build 1979 P60 Mon, 11/11/13 10:02 AM (permalink)
                                        Originally I was going to trim the door to hide the cut lines but ended up leaving it as is.  Trimming it would also draw your eye to the door.  You'd have to really be looking close to see or even care they are not perfect.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                          Change Page: < 1234 | Showing page 4 of 4, messages 91 to 110 of 110

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 3 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                          • No New Messages
                                          • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                          • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                          • Locked w/ New Messages
                                          • Locked w/o New Messages
                                          • Read Message
                                          • Post New Thread
                                          • Reply to message
                                          • Post New Poll
                                          • Submit Vote
                                          • Post reward post
                                          • Delete my own posts
                                          • Delete my own threads
                                          • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                          What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com