The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Operating propane stoves in cold weather....

djdawg

• Total Posts: 439
Operating propane stoves in cold weather.... Fri, 01/4/13 9:02 PM (permalink)
This is not the typical question of why I'm not getting flame to my grill that I added onto my cart or anything like that but it's much more general.  I did a google search and found some things but not to my satisfaction.

In my neck of the woods I've had a few nights where it's below 30....28, 29 degrees.  Common sense tells me that if it's colder outside it will take me longer to heat up the water in my steam pan.  I'm wondering if the propane itself doesn't burn as hot in colder temperatures like this?  My flame is the same, but maybe it's a cooler flame....IDK but thought maybe someone else would here.

The other night I had a funny thing happen....I thought my tank was out since the flames slowly got smaller and smaller on my burners and then when I tried to relight them, they wouldn't.  I assumed the tank was out.  I had it filled today and the guy filled it but it looked like it was 1/2 empty as it took just over 2 gallons.  Could this be chalked up to the temp?  The night that happened it was down to 25 degrees when I was working.  I have since gotten a gauge that should help me knowing how full my tanks are...I know I might have a faulty tank, etc too.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com