Chicken Drop Order In Immersion Frying

Author
DawnT
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1286
2013/01/07 20:36:54 (permalink)

Chicken Drop Order In Immersion Frying

This is something that I haven't seen anyone do for quite a while. Chicken is usually just dropped without respect to the piece/meat type. In one chains manual years ago, the white meat went first for a few minutes, followed by the dark, then the wings. Then I've seen the reverse sort of, where the chicken legs of the batch are first dropped followed by the rest, and finally the wings with the wing tip tucked in. Seperation/agitation in some processes is initiated after a few minutes, others towards the end. Giles process has the stir about 3-4 minutes towards the end.

Although KFC uses pressure frying, originally the 2 heads of breaded chicken were dummped simulataneously via a hand held chute with a stir after the pre-fry browning and the lid clamped on. Later with the early,  collectramatics that didn't use the bird cage and the Henny Penny's, the procedure called for the legs immersed first during the 80's about the same time they went to the pre-brined cryovac. I metal agitator was pulled out just before the lid went on to unstick the chicken.  

I've alway wondered if there was specific order, interval timing, and agitation that was ever established as the ideal method to get even results .  

8 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1